September 21, 2020
September 19, 2020
- DHS Proposal Would Expand Biometrics Collection and Use for... by: Ann H. Lee and Amy R. Dalal
- Who Will Reign Supreme in the Battle for the Trade Marks? by: Kerry Lee
- European Commission Launches Roadmap for Sustainable Products... by: Ryan J. Carra and Daniel A. Eisenberg
- China’s Supreme People’s Court Releases Provisions on Several Issues... by: Aaron Wininger
- Preemptive Strike: Employee Files TRO to Avoid Return to Workplace by: Scott J. Witlin and Peter J. Wozniak
- US Accessibility to WeChat and TikTok in Danger of Being Eliminated by: International Trade Practice at Squire Patton Boggs
- COVID-19: US State Policy Report – September 17-18, 2020 by: Jeffrey L. Turner and Traci L. Martinez
- EFSA Calls for Grant Proposals on the Use of NAMs for the Hazard... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- The Complete Works of Global Solutions (Abridged and Revised): A... by: Ethan G. Isaac and Bonnie Puckett
- At 40 Years Old, the Orange Book Gets a Fresh Look as FDA Seeks... by: Greg Chopskie
- Important Car Accident Statistics for Chicago Residents by: Clifford Law
- Managing Intermittent FMLA Leave to Support Your Manufacturing... by: Corey Donovan Tracey
- 2020 Candidate Tax Proposals by: Elie J. Foy
- CFPB Publishes Proposals to Implement Small Business Lending Data... by: Christina Grigorian
September 18, 2020
- What Employers Need to Know About California’s New COVID-19... by: Robert K. Foster and David B. Chidlaw
- Beltway Buzz, September 18, 2020 by: James J. Plunkett
- Union Decertification Update: NLRB Extends Comments Deadline For... by: David J. Pryzbylski
- Governor DeWine Signs Law Shielding Ohio Employers From Liability for... by: Corey N. Thrush and Donald Campbell Bulea
- NLRB Construction Rule Change Closes Union-Recognition Loophole, but... by: Thomas V. Walsh
- USPTO Patent Fees To Increase Oct. 2 by: Jessamine G. Pilcher, M.S.
- Maine DOL Issues Final Mandatory Paid Leave Rules by: Steven Silver
- Working Remotely? Welcome to Minneapolis and Its SST Ordinance by: Bruce J. Douglas
- Can You Claim Employee Misconduct in an OSHA Citation? by: Courtney M. Malveaux
- Right to Refuse to Bargain Over Union’s COVID-19 Proposal in... by: Brian P. Lundgren
- Ohio Passes Law Providing COVID-19 Liability Shield for Individuals,... by: Hayley Geiler and Faith C. Whittaker
- McDermottPlus Check-Up: September 18, 2020 by: Mara McDermott and Rachel Stauffer
- ESMA Renews 0.1 percent Reporting Requirement of Net Short Positions... by: Carolyn H. Jackson and Nathaniel W. Lalone
- Six Takeaways: Developing and Financing Offshore Wind – Challenges... by: Christopher Gladbach and Edward Zaelke
- Construction Contractors Ramping Up Diversity Efforts by: Michael R. Hatcher
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Updates, September 18, 2020 by: Kevin M. Foley and Susan Light
- Top Five Labor Law Developments for August 2020 by: Jonathan J. Spitz and Richard F. Vitarelli
- Fighting for Road Rage Victims by: Richard P. Console, Jr.
- New FMLA Model Notices and Forms Issued by the U.S. DOL Reflect... by: Stephen W. Aronson and Britt-Marie K. Cole-Johnson
- California Governor Signs Law Mandating Supplemental Paid Sick Leave... by: Jonathan M. Brenner and David Prager
- Department of Education Final Rule Covers Four Key Areas by: Jim Newberry and Jacquelyn N. Ha
- CFTC Further Extends Certain No-Action Relief to Market Participants... by: Kevin M. Foley and Adam P. Haft
- COVID-19 Relief for New Jersey Seniors and Long-Term Care Facilities by: Shana Siegel
- COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter: Researchers Study Dining Risks,... by: James M. Vergis, Ph.D. and Nisha K. Quasba
- Filing a Birth Injury Case by: Clifford Law
- BREAKING: Brazilian Data Protection Law in Effect by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- CFTC Staff Provides No-Action Relief to Registrant from SEF... by: Kevin M. Foley and Adam P. Haft
- Blue Bell Fined Record $17.25 Million in Post-Conviction Criminal... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- USPTO Announces Program to Eliminate Filing Fees in Exchange for... by: Warren Woessner
- TCPA Regulatory Update — FCC Releases Draft Order Implementing STIR/... by: Russell H. Fox and Elana R. Safner
- CFTC Staff Issue Supplemental Advisory and Time-Limited No-Action... by: Kevin M. Foley
- Representing Victims of Reckless Driving by: Richard P. Console, Jr.
- No Incentive: Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Holds that Incentive... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Regulating Medical Devices Post Brexit by: Sharon Lamb and Bella North
- AML: FATF ‘Red Flags’ associated with Cryptoassets by: Carolyn H. Jackson and Nathaniel W. Lalone
- Sideswipe Collision Accidents by: Richard P. Console, Jr.
- Cal/OSHA Issues First COVID-19 Related Citations by: Jayni A. Lanham and Kaitlyn D. Shannon
- TCPA Litigation Update — The US Government Sides with Facebook — This... by: Joshua Briones and Nicole V. Ozeran
- FINRA Issues Guidance on Public Offerings by: Michael T. Foley and Jack A. West
- Ninth Circuit Decision Allows the End of the Temporary Protected... by: Mayra L. Bruno
- Transatlantic Trade: US and European Trade Talk Update – September 18... by: Stacy A. Swanson and Christina Economides
- ECON Announces Implementation of Draft Report on Digital Finance and... by: Carolyn H. Jackson and Nathaniel W. Lalone
- DHS Expands Use of Biometric Data in Immigration by: Raymond G. Lahoud
- When Increasing Productivity Can Backfire by: Aaron C. Garavaglia
- COVID-19: K&L Gates Triage: OIG Updates Work Plan to Include... by: Matthew Hubbell and Stephen D. Bittinger
- Federal Judge Sides with Business Owners in Losses Resulting from... by: Clifford Law
- Is A Breach Of Fiduciary Duty A Violation Of State Law? by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Florida Court Finds RLUIPA Protects Transition Home for Registered... by: Evan J. Seeman
- State Price Gouging Laws and Price Controls: A Historical View on a... by: Christopher E Ondeck and John R Ingrassia
- SEC Amends Environmental Disclosure Requirements by: Lydia González Gromatzky
- Meat Processing: COVID Liabilities by: Kathy A. Hardee and Cecelia K. Carroll
- European ESG Disclosure Requirements for Asset Managers by: Kirsten Lapham and John Verwey
- SEC Issues New Risk Alert on “Credential Stuffing” Attacks by: Peter Baldwin
- With Retail Bankruptcies on the Rise, Opportunities for Distressed M... by: Candace L. Moss
- What do you get when you cross a $137,000 Cartier necklace and a... by: Lance P. Martin
- CFTC Continues Efforts to Increase Enforcement Transparency – Issues... by: Nicholas A.J. Wendland
- A Call to Internalize Greenhouse Gas Cost Externalities: CFTC... by: James M. Brady and Guy C. Dempsey, Jr.
Global Legal Updates, Legal News From Around the World
The National Law Review covers a variety of global and international legal news, which not only affects countries outside the US, but also international relations within the US. From multinational companies doing business in foreign locations, and new tax implications on these companies, to international import tariffs being imposed on steel and aluminum, with certain trade partners, the National Law Review covers these, and other interesting news stories, for its online visitors.
Canada, US, Mexico, the UK and EU, Brazil, China, and other international jurisdictions, are frequently covered by the National Law Review. Visitors can read stories about Antidumping and Countervailing (AD/CV) regulations and fines which are imposed against certain companies/countries for violations. Merger and acquisition deals under the Committee of Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) deals are frequently covered online, as is international trade, bankruptcy, and tax-law news. Visitors can read about multinational companies, foreign stocks and bonds, tax implications on these products, and how the IRS and IRC regulate profit sharing for these companies, and their international clientele. News related to emerging countries and foreign developments in those nations, is also covered by the site.
Visitors can find the latest developments in foreign employment regulations, especially if planning on working abroad, or learning about potential tax implications of doing so. Intellectual property law and rights, foreign investments, tax compliance laws, international trade regulations (throughout the US and internationally), and coverage from agencies like the World Trade Organization (WTO), are also analyzed by the legal experts who write for the National Law Review.
Additionally, matters related to trade, including changes in trade agreements like NAFTA renegotiation and the Trans-Pacific Partnership, as well as updates on new tariffs are discussed. Implications and consequences of these changes and analyzed by the legal experts at the National Law Review.
Controversies under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FACTA), immigration reform, DACA controversies, international finance and earnings, are stories which are updated on the site daily. And, with new legislation including the GDPR, post-Brexit split between the EU and UK, cybersecurity and data protection threats, and other similar stories unfolding daily, visitors to the National Law Review can find content on these topics when visiting the site.