October 01, 2014
September 30, 2014
September 29, 2014
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Issues Revised Form I-9 and Instructions
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued a revised Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification Form). The revisions to Form I-9 include:
Adding data fields, including the employee’s foreign passport information (if applicable), and telephone and e-mail addresses.
Improving the form’s instructions to more clearly indicate what is required of the employee and employer in each section.
Changing the layout of the form and increasing its size from one to two pages.
The new revised form (Rev. 03/08/2013 N – revision date listed in lower left-hand corner) can be used immediately by employers. The new form must be used by May 7, 2013. All employers are required to complete a Form I-9 for each employee hired in the United States. Failure to use the form, or use it correctly, can result in fines from the United States government. You can download the new form and instructions here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Changes to French Work Permit Proposed in Draft Law
- Employers in CNMI Facing H-Visa Numerical Cap Issues Should Explore the CW Visa Program
- France Lessens Work Authorization Application Burden for Master II Level Applicants
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Says Beneficiary of Approved I-140 Has Standing to Challenge an I-140 Revocation
- Global Employers Take Note: Changes to Malaysia Visitor Pass Program
- ICE Increases its Enrollment in Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers (IMAGE) in Puerto Rico by 12.5% in One Day!