September 02, 2014
September 01, 2014
August 31, 2014
Another Baseload Natural Gas Plant for Consumers Energy
Consumers Energy has announced plans for a 700 MW natural gas-fired baseload power plant in Genesee County. To be located about 20 miles northeast of Flint (Thetford Township), construction on the combined cycle plant would start in 2015 and be completed in 2017. The site already has nine gas turbines. The company has indicated this project is consistent with its 2009 Balanced Energy Initiative: Electric Generation Alternatives Analysis, a 20-year generation plan. The $750 million project is in addition to the $6.5 billion of announced expenditures planned by the company through 2017. These dollar amounts need to be contrasted with the "$12 Billion in expense" claims by those opposing Proposition 3 in November!
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Federal Agencies Cannot Be Fined for Reliability Standard Violations
- EPA Releases Three Final Chemical Risk Assessments / Agency Identifies Health Concern from Chemical Used In Paint Strippers
- U.S. Navy Affirms Commitment to Use Alternative Fuels
- The North Carolina General Assembly has Adjourned, Sine Die Die Die!
- D.C. Circuit Vacates Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Order Upholding Monetary Penalty for Federal Agency Violation of Reliability Standards
- California: When the Earth Shakes, OSHA Listens