September 26, 2022
- US Department of Labor Awards $4.5M in Funding to Support Continued... by: U.S. Department of Labor
- Antitrust M&A Snapshot | Q2 2022 by: Claire E. Danberg and Karolien Van der Putten
- New York Office of Medicaid Inspector General Proposes Regulations on... by: Karen S. Lovitch and Jean D. Krebs
- Biogen Inc. Agrees to Pay $900 Million to Settle Allegations Related... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Employers Pressed Over Health Plan Coverage of Transgender Treatments... by: Timothy J. Stanton and Hillary M. Sizer
- SEC Adopts Pay Versus Performance Compensation Disclosure Requirements by: Xandy Walsh and Anne L. Bruno
- More Cuts to NYC’s COVID-19 Restrictions by: Jacqueline A. Hayduk
- Issue-Spotting Hospital Activities that May Trigger FDA Regulatory... by: Rebecca M. Schaefer and Michael H. Hinckle
- Third Circuit Announces Standard for Determining Accuracy of Credit... by: James Brennan and Kristin L. Bryan
- B.S.ing with George Fatheree [PODCAST] by: Merle Vaughn
- Harvard Declares Class is in Session: Tells Court Zurich’s Motion for... by: Kevin V. Small and Cary D. Steklof
- Weekly IRS Roundup September 19 – September 23, 2022 by: McDermott Will & Emery
- EPA settles with L.A.-area Clean Harbors for claims of improper... by: EPA
- NYC Issues Proposed Rules for Its Automated Employment Decision Tools... by: Adam S. Forman and Nathaniel M. Glasser
- Statement by Administrator Regan on the Ongoing Water Crisis in... by: EPA
- Federal Appeals Court Upholds USDA Decision Not to Ban “Organic”... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Law Enforcement in the Digital Assets Space: Department of Justice... by: Richard J. Gibbon and Rebecca A. Worthington
- NHTSA Publishes Final Cybersecurity Best Practices by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- US Executive Branch Update – September 26, 2022 by: Stacy A. Swanson
- Proposed Regulations Bring California Nurse Practitioners Closer to... by: Sarah G. Benator and Fernanda Sanchez Jara
- Owner of Commercial Flooring Contractor Pleads Guilty to... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Summer Vacation’s Over: Commerce Imposes New Russia and Belarus... by: Kay C. Georgi and Marwa M. Hassoun
- EU Regulators to Take Closer Look at DPO Position by: Julia K. Kadish
- CISA Seeking Input on Cyber Incident Reporting for Critical... by: Townsend L. Bourne and Lauren Weiss
- Fairness Over Efficiency: FTC Breathes New Life Into Robinson Patman... by: Gregory J. Casas
- SEC and CFTC Propose Amendments to Form PF for Private Fund Reporting by: Investment Services Group
- Door Closes On UK Rent Arrears Scheme by: Restructuring & Insolvency Practice at Squire Patton Boggs
- CARU Finds SpongeBob App in Violation of COPPA and CARU’s Guidelines by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Malcolm Dowden and Niloufar Massachi Discuss Vendor Contracting... by: Malcolm Dowden and Niloufar Massachi
- Pennywise and Pound Foolish: Default Judgment Entered Against Trade... by: Erik W. Weibust
- Former CEO of Health Clinic Convicted of Medicaid Fraud by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Wanted U.S. Citizen for Capital Murder Repatriated to the United... by: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Department of Homeland Security
- The US$363 Million Dollar Question: Are Your Ethylene Oxide Emissions... by: David A. Fusco and Travis L. Brannon
- US Department of Labor Recovers $352k in Back Pay for 653 Workers... by: U.S. Department of Labor
- When Will A Single Manager's Signature Suffice? by: Keith Paul Bishop
September 25, 2022
- New York City to Convene Hearing on Proposed Rules for Automated... by: Simone R.D. Francis
- Immigration Help Available to Those Affected by Natural Disasters and... by: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Department of Homeland Security
- Three Ways to Use LinkedIn Groups to Build Your Brand and Business by: Stefanie M. Marrone
- US Department of Labor Investigation, Litigation Result in Settlement... by: U.S. Department of Labor
- Hackers Caused a Traffic Jam in Moscow by: Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Robinson Cole
- U.S. Sanctions on Russia and Belarus Impose Trade and Investment... by: Jeffrey Orenstein and Steven F. Hill
September 24, 2022
- Justice Department Announces $21.72 Million to Reduce Sexual and... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- US Department of Labor to Refocus on Proven Registered Apprenticeship... by: U.S. Department of Labor
- EPA Launches New National Office Dedicated to Advancing Environmental... by: EPA
- Former Executive Director of Mississippi Department of Human Services... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- 413 Pounds of Concealed Marijuana Intercepted by Cincinnati CBP by: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Department of Homeland Security
- US Department of Labor Recovers $325K in Back Pay for 653 Workers... by: U.S. Department of Labor
- EPA and Colorado seek community input on Workplan to advance... by: EPA
- UK Mini Budget 2022 by: Richard Miller and Emma C. McDonnell
- Names and Brand Names by: David H. Siegel
An employer often overlooks training employees on what their restrictive covenant... Read More >
Emerging Legal News
Russia & Ukraine Legal Updates
THE BUSINESS OF LAW
Federal Law News
Last month, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit decided a set of consolidated appeals in Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) actions brought...
As previously covered on this blog, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California ruled on March...
The owner of a Fairbanks, Alaska, commercial flooring company, pleaded guilty on Sept. 22 for his role in a conspiracy to provide kickbacks related to contracts for commercial flooring services at a U.S. Army Facility....
Well, the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) waited until the summer was over, but timing may be the best part of the new export controls on Russia and Belarus (the “Rule”). Understanding the new Rule and how the old...
On August 10, 2022, the SEC and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission jointly issued proposed amendments to Form PF, a form that requires registered investment advisers to private funds to report confidentially certain...
On September 7, 2022, the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (“CARU”) of BBB National Programs announced its...
“The law is not a game, and . . . civil discovery is not a game of hide and seek. The decision in this case should encourage litigants to understand that it is risky business to recklessly or deliberately fail to produce...
Last Friday, September 16, the White House released a “...
On September 22, the CFPB released its ...
A Massachusetts man and a Florida man pleaded guilty today for their roles in perpetrating a foreign exchange trading scheme to steal $30 million from their investor victims.
According to court...
State Law News
This post is the third and final installment of our blog series on the proposed regulations published by the New York State Office of Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG). The ...
SAN FRANCISCO – Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced a settlement with Clean Harbors Wilmington LLC for claims of violations of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act at the...
WASHINGTON – Today, EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan returned to Jackson, Mississippi with Assistant Attorney General Todd Kim to address the ongoing water crisis. Following a meeting with...
The California Board of Registered Nursing released proposed regulations setting forth requirements for the new categories of nurse practitioners created in 2020 by Assembly Bill 890, pushing nurse practitioners closer to an...
In a CLE webinar earlier this week, Malcolm Dowden (Partner, London) and Niloufar Massachi (Associate, Los Angeles) discussed evaluating, drafting, and updating vendor agreements to meet the privacy and security requirements of...
California's Limited Liability Company Act provides that when an LLC is a manager-managed limited liability company, as defined in Corp. Code § 17701.03(o), every manager is an agent of the LLC for purposes of its business or...
As we previously reported, restrictions concerning the use of automated tools to screen candidates for employment...
A former Mississippi Department of Human Services (MDHS) official pleaded guilty today for conspiring to defraud the State of Mississippi of millions of dollars in federal funds.
According to court...
DENVER — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment are seeking public feedback on a draft Workplan to implement a ...
A federal grand jury in Pennsylvania returned an indictment today charging a local man for assaulting a reproductive health care clinic escort in Philadelphia.
According to court documents, Mark Houck...
INTERNATIONAL LAW NEWS
Brought in with the intention of protecting viable businesses from eviction or other enforcement measures in relation...Read More >
The US Department of Commerce (...Read More >
On September 21, 2022, Denmark’s data protection authority Datatilsynet (“Danish DPA”) ...Read More >
The China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA) will be closed...Read More >
Urlaubsansprüche verjähren erst dann, wenn der Arbeitgeber seine Beschäftigten auf den Urlaubsanspruch hingewiesen...Read More >