September 20, 2014
September 19, 2014
September 18, 2014
CFTC Issues FAQ on Energy Agreements
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission has responded to questions raised by market participants regarding whether such participants must classify physical commercial agreements for energy supply and consumption as “commodity options.” The FAQ describes in more detail the three-part test (included in the CFTC’s and Securities and Exchange Commission’s release on the definition of “swap” and its counterparts) to be used in making this determination.
More information on the FAQ can be found here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Issues Another Notice of Alleged Violations Concerning Up To Congestion Trades
- SEC Brings Fraud Charges Against Oil and Gas Company and Its CEO
- FERC Alleges PJM Manipulation by Powhatan
- Whose Role is it Anyway? Unanswered Questions About Social, Political, or Environmental Corporate Disclosures
- Deadline Looms for Conflict Mineral Disclosure Requirements: Update for Suppliers of Reporting Companies
- Conflict Minerals in Medical Devices: Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Reporting Update