August 20, 2014
August 19, 2014
August 18, 2014
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Announces Mutual Acceptance of Approved Legal Entity Identifiers
On October 30, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s chief information officer announced that registered entities and swap counterparties subject to CFTC swap data recordkeeping and reporting requirements concerning legal entity identifiers (LEIs) may now comply with those regulations by using any LEI issued by a provider that has been endorsed by the Regulatory Oversight Committee (ROC) of the global LEI system. Following this announcement, market participants may use CFTC Interim Compliant Identifiers (CICIs) issued by the CICI utility operated by DTCC-SWIFT or any other LEI codes endorsed by the ROC.
A complete listing of LEIs that have been endorsed by the ROC is available here.
The CFTC notice is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard 3.0: New Guidance to Consider When Engaging Service Providers
- No Coverage for Actual Damages Under Massachusetts Consumer Protection Statute 93A
- Capital One to Pay Largest TCPA Settlement on Record
- In California, Servicer’s Error Leads to $16 Million Award
- Google, the House of Lords and the timing of the EU Data Protection Regulation
- The Food Fight Continues: Vermont AG Seeks to Dismiss Lawsuit Against GMO Labeling Law