October 01, 2014
September 30, 2014
September 29, 2014
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Announces Mutual Acceptance of Approved Legal Entity Identifiers
On October 30, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s chief information officer announced that registered entities and swap counterparties subject to CFTC swap data recordkeeping and reporting requirements concerning legal entity identifiers (LEIs) may now comply with those regulations by using any LEI issued by a provider that has been endorsed by the Regulatory Oversight Committee (ROC) of the global LEI system. Following this announcement, market participants may use CFTC Interim Compliant Identifiers (CICIs) issued by the CICI utility operated by DTCC-SWIFT or any other LEI codes endorsed by the ROC.
A complete listing of LEIs that have been endorsed by the ROC is available here.
The CFTC notice is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Product Safety Update from Capitol Hill (Part Three)
- Ponemon Institute Releases Second Annual Study on Data Breach Preparedness
- Be Careful Who You Hire To Make Those Calls! Ninth Circuit Takes Expansive View of Vicarious Liability under the TCPA
- States Have the Right to Protect Businesses Against Non-Practicing Entities (NPEs)
- Second Circuit To Decide Retroactivity of Dodd-Frank Bounty Provision