September 19, 2014
September 18, 2014
September 17, 2014
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Announces Mutual Acceptance of Approved Legal Entity Identifiers
On October 30, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s chief information officer announced that registered entities and swap counterparties subject to CFTC swap data recordkeeping and reporting requirements concerning legal entity identifiers (LEIs) may now comply with those regulations by using any LEI issued by a provider that has been endorsed by the Regulatory Oversight Committee (ROC) of the global LEI system. Following this announcement, market participants may use CFTC Interim Compliant Identifiers (CICIs) issued by the CICI utility operated by DTCC-SWIFT or any other LEI codes endorsed by the ROC.
A complete listing of LEIs that have been endorsed by the ROC is available here.
The CFTC notice is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- FTC Public Workshop On Big-Data Discrimination: Assessing the Current Environment
- Second Circuit Defines “Customer” Under FINRA
- What the FTC’s Latest COPPA Settlements Mean for Mobile Apps
- Article 29 Working Party of European Privacy Regulators Meets To Discuss The Right To Be Forgotten
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Works on Building Privacy Engineering Guidelines
- The COPPA Enforcement Actions Are Here! - Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act