August 30, 2014
August 29, 2014
August 28, 2014
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Announces Mutual Acceptance of Approved Legal Entity Identifiers
On October 30, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s chief information officer announced that registered entities and swap counterparties subject to CFTC swap data recordkeeping and reporting requirements concerning legal entity identifiers (LEIs) may now comply with those regulations by using any LEI issued by a provider that has been endorsed by the Regulatory Oversight Committee (ROC) of the global LEI system. Following this announcement, market participants may use CFTC Interim Compliant Identifiers (CICIs) issued by the CICI utility operated by DTCC-SWIFT or any other LEI codes endorsed by the ROC.
A complete listing of LEIs that have been endorsed by the ROC is available here.
The CFTC notice is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- New Version of Draft German Cybersecurity Law Published
- Bank of America’s $16.65 Billion Settlement
- Health Care Industry Familiar with HIPAA Breaches, Not So Much Hackers
- Third Circuit Holds Irreparable Harm May Not Be Presumed In Lanham Act False Advertising Cases To Establish Entitlement To Injunctive Relief
- The Ongoing Effort To Comply With Canada’s Anti-Spam Law
- If Your System Was Attacked by “Backoff” Malware, Would Your Insurance Cover a Data Breach Involving Credit Card Numbers?