July 31, 2014
July 30, 2014
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Announces Mutual Acceptance of Approved Legal Entity Identifiers
On October 30, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s chief information officer announced that registered entities and swap counterparties subject to CFTC swap data recordkeeping and reporting requirements concerning legal entity identifiers (LEIs) may now comply with those regulations by using any LEI issued by a provider that has been endorsed by the Regulatory Oversight Committee (ROC) of the global LEI system. Following this announcement, market participants may use CFTC Interim Compliant Identifiers (CICIs) issued by the CICI utility operated by DTCC-SWIFT or any other LEI codes endorsed by the ROC.
A complete listing of LEIs that have been endorsed by the ROC is available here.
The CFTC notice is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- M.D. Fla. Rejects “Placeholder” Class Certification Motion
- FTC Commissioner Argues for Balanced Approach to Unfairness Complaint Cases
- Contract Corner: Open Source Issues and Privacy Concerns
- House of Representatives Passes Three Cybersecurity Bills
- Advanced Persistent Tracking Mechanisms: The Secret White House Cookie Recipe Is Out
- The FTC Is Looking For A Few Good Robocall Hackers