July 31, 2014
July 30, 2014
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to Host Roundtable on "Futurization" of Swaps
Commodity Futures Trading Commission staff will host a public roundtable to discuss the “futurization” of swaps. The roundtable will consist of four panels, which will address: (1) general industry views and concerns regarding the conversion of swaps to futures in each asset class; (2) clearing and different margin requirements for swaps and futures; (3) transaction-related matters including appropriate block rules for swaps and futures; and (4) the effect of the conversion of swaps to futures on end-users.
The roundtable will be held at CFTC headquarters in Washington, D.C. on January 31, and will be open to the public. A live audio feed will also be available for anyone not in attendance. Interested persons may submit comments to the CFTC prior to the conclusion of the roundtable.
More information is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- The “Accredited Investor” Question Re: Securities Regulation
- SEC Approves FINRA Rule Limiting Expungement
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Releases Rule Enforcement Review of ICE Futures U.S.
- Watchdogs Petition SEC to Strengthen Prohibitions Against Impeding Complaints to SEC
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Money Market Fund Rules
- Bitcoin – Is Anyone In Charge?