August 01, 2014
July 31, 2014
FINRA Provides Guidance on Rules Governing Communications with the Public
The Securities and Exchange Commission approved a rule change by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority pursuant to which National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) Rules 2210 and 2211 and NASD Interpretive Materials 2210-1 and 2210-3 through 2210-8 are to be adopted as FINRA Rules 2210 and 2212 through 2216 (the Communications Rules). The Communications Rules become effective on February 4. To provide additional guidance on compliance with the Communications Rules, FINRA has published a set of questions and answers on its website. The questions and answers cover a number of topics, including internal communications, transitional filing issues, new member firms, retail structured products, recommendations and public appearances.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Bitcoin – Is Anyone In Charge?
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Focuses on Cybersecurity at Standing Advisory Group Meeting
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Seeks Comment on ICE Clear Europe Portfolio Margining Proposal
- SEC Commissioner Confirms Cybersecurity as a Board-Level Concern
- Legislature Enacts “5 Second Rule” For Electronic Contracts To Sell Real Property
- Recent Guidance: Securities in Tweets