September 17, 2014
September 16, 2014
September 15, 2014
HIPAA Omnibus Rule Reference Chart
Mintz Levin is pleased to provide this section-by-section analysis of the HIPAA Omnibus Rule.
The chart lists provisions of the proposed privacy, security, and enforcement rules mandated by the Health Information Technology for Electronic and Clinical Health Act (“HITECH”) published in a proposed rule on July 14, 2010; the interim final enforcement rule—including HITECH’s new, tiered penalty structure—published on October 30, 2009; and the interim final breach notification rule published pursuant to HITECH on August 24, 2009 (collectively, “Proposed Rules”) and compares them to the same regulatory provisions published on January 17, 2013 as part of the Omnibus Rule (“Final Rule”). Note that this summary does not include revisions under the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), also published in the Final Rule.
For quick reference, our chart indicates whether or not there were changes between the Proposed Rules and the Final Rule and includes commentary on certain notable provisions.
We hope that this summary will serve as a useful tool as we all begin the process of understanding new requirements under HIPAA.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- September 15, 2014 Regulatory Developments New Jersey Health Care
- 340B Federal Drug Pricing Program September Update: Self-Disclosures
- Health Care Law Update--September 15, 2014
- Final Meaningful Use Rule: CMS Loosens its Grip
- HIPAA Reminders – Business Associate Agreement Deadline and Continuation of OCR Audits
- China’s NHFPC issues Opinions on Promotion and Administration of Telemedicine Services