September 19, 2014
September 18, 2014
September 17, 2014
ICE Clear Europe Authorized to Portfolio Margin Swaps and Security-Based Swaps
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued an order (Order) permitting ICE Clear Europe Limited (ICE Clear Europe) and its clearing members that are registered both as broker-dealers under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and as futures commission merchants under the Commodity Exchange Act to hold customer collateral securing positions in cleared credit default swaps (CDS) and cleared security-based credit default swaps (SB CDS) in the same Commodity Exchange Act Section 4d(f) cleared swaps account. The Order further permits the portfolio margining of such CDS and SB CDS in the cleared swaps account. The CFTC Order follows a complementary order issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission permitting SB CDS to be commingled and portfolio margined with CDS in a cleared swaps account.
The Order is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Larger Rewards For Wall Street Whistleblowers May Be On The Horizon
- Steps to Becoming a Broker Dealer
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Urges Audit Committee Scrutiny of Revenue Recognition
- What is FINRA? - Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
- UK Court Decision Demonstrates Importance of Compliance With ISDA Market Quotation Procedures
- AIFMD: Additional Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) Data Request by FCA