July 30, 2014
July 29, 2014
July 28, 2014
ICE Clear Europe Authorized to Portfolio Margin Swaps and Security-Based Swaps
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued an order (Order) permitting ICE Clear Europe Limited (ICE Clear Europe) and its clearing members that are registered both as broker-dealers under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and as futures commission merchants under the Commodity Exchange Act to hold customer collateral securing positions in cleared credit default swaps (CDS) and cleared security-based credit default swaps (SB CDS) in the same Commodity Exchange Act Section 4d(f) cleared swaps account. The Order further permits the portfolio margining of such CDS and SB CDS in the cleared swaps account. The CFTC Order follows a complementary order issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission permitting SB CDS to be commingled and portfolio margined with CDS in a cleared swaps account.
The Order is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- The “Accredited Investor” Question Re: Securities Regulation
- SEC Approves FINRA Rule Limiting Expungement
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Releases Rule Enforcement Review of ICE Futures U.S.
- Watchdogs Petition SEC to Strengthen Prohibitions Against Impeding Complaints to SEC
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Money Market Fund Rules
- Bitcoin – Is Anyone In Charge?