September 15, 2014
September 14, 2014
September 13, 2014
The Joint Commission Requests Comments on Alarm Management
Now through February 26, The Joint Commission is requesting comments on a newly proposed National Patient Safety Goal (“NPSG”) on the management of alarms. Elements of Performance under the new Goal, numbered NPSG.06.01.01, include establishing alarm safety as a hospital priority, preparing an annual inventory of alarms, identifying the most important alarms to manage, establishing policies and procedures for managing the most important alarms, and educating staff members about alarm policies and procedures.
While the effective date of NPSG.06.01.01 is not currently known, the comment period gives providers an excellent opportunity to voice their opinions about the new NPSG.
For more information on the proposed NPSG and to submit comments, please use this link.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- 340B Federal Drug Pricing Program September Update: Self-Disclosures
- Health Care Law Update--September 15, 2014
- Final Meaningful Use Rule: CMS Loosens its Grip
- HIPAA Reminders – Business Associate Agreement Deadline and Continuation of OCR Audits
- China’s NHFPC issues Opinions on Promotion and Administration of Telemedicine Services
- Employer Shared Responsibility Payments and Reporting Requirements Under the Affordable Care Act: Code Sections 6055 and 6056