September 02, 2014
September 01, 2014
August 31, 2014
The Joint Commission Requests Comments on Alarm Management
Now through February 26, The Joint Commission is requesting comments on a newly proposed National Patient Safety Goal (“NPSG”) on the management of alarms. Elements of Performance under the new Goal, numbered NPSG.06.01.01, include establishing alarm safety as a hospital priority, preparing an annual inventory of alarms, identifying the most important alarms to manage, establishing policies and procedures for managing the most important alarms, and educating staff members about alarm policies and procedures.
While the effective date of NPSG.06.01.01 is not currently known, the comment period gives providers an excellent opportunity to voice their opinions about the new NPSG.
For more information on the proposed NPSG and to submit comments, please use this link.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Summary of FDA Advertising and Promotion Enforcement Activities – September 2, 2014
- The Increasingly Murky World of 340B Drug Discount Program: What’s Next?
- EEOC Sues Arthur’s Restaurant & Bar for Pregnancy Discrimination
- Physician Compensation under Medicaid
- Pharmacies Avoid False Claims Act Suit: Fox Rx Inc. v. Omnicare Inc. et al.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DOD) Announce New IT Contracting Opportunities