July 28, 2014
July 25, 2014
National Futures Association (NFA) Amends Futures Commission Merchants Capital Requirements for Forex Transactions with ECPs
The National Futures Association (NFA) has amended the financial requirements applicable to member futures commission merchants (FCMs) acting as counterparties in foreign exchange (forex) transactions. Pursuant to NFA’s Financial Requirements Section 1(a), all member FCMs are required to maintain adjusted net capital equal to or in excess of certain amounts enumerated in Section 1(a). The amendment adds a provision to Section 1(a) to require an FCM acting as a counterparty in a forex transaction with an eligible contract participant to maintain adjusted net capital in excess of $20,000,000.
The amendment will be effective June 20, 2013.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- The “Accredited Investor” Question Re: Securities Regulation
- SEC Approves FINRA Rule Limiting Expungement
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Releases Rule Enforcement Review of ICE Futures U.S.
- Watchdogs Petition SEC to Strengthen Prohibitions Against Impeding Complaints to SEC
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Money Market Fund Rules
- Bitcoin – Is Anyone In Charge?