August 20, 2014
August 19, 2014
August 18, 2014
National Futures Association (NFA) Amends Futures Commission Merchants Capital Requirements for Forex Transactions with ECPs
The National Futures Association (NFA) has amended the financial requirements applicable to member futures commission merchants (FCMs) acting as counterparties in foreign exchange (forex) transactions. Pursuant to NFA’s Financial Requirements Section 1(a), all member FCMs are required to maintain adjusted net capital equal to or in excess of certain amounts enumerated in Section 1(a). The amendment adds a provision to Section 1(a) to require an FCM acting as a counterparty in a forex transaction with an eligible contract participant to maintain adjusted net capital in excess of $20,000,000.
The amendment will be effective June 20, 2013.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Divided Fourth Circuit Panel Rules On Burden of Proving Loss Causation in ERISA Fiduciary Breach Case
- California Finders Bill Trapped In The Weeds As Legislative Deadline Looms
- ICE Futures U.S. Issues Amendments to Exchange of Futures for Related Position (EFRP) Rule and FAQs
- SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy Releases Alert on Identifying Fraudulent Private Placements
- 10th Circuit Relies On Earnings Release and Compliance with Regulation S-K to Reject Claim of Material Omissions in Public Offering
- SEC Re-Proposes Amendments to Remove References to Credit Ratings from Money Market Fund Rule