September 22, 2014
September 21, 2014
September 20, 2014
UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) Publishes Consultation Paper on AIFMD Implementation
On November 14, the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) published consultation paper CP12/32 “Implementing the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive” (AIFMD).
CP12/32 includes FSA’s AIFMD implementation proposals in the following areas:
- The prudential regime applicable to alternative investment fund managers;
- The regime for depositaries, including eligibility, capital requirements and independence requirements;
- Incorporation into the FSA Rules of the AIFMD’s requirements as to organizational matters, duties in relation to management of funds and transparency obligations.
The FSA anticipates publishing a second AIFMD consultation paper in February 2013. A combined policy statement, relating to both consultations, will be published in June 2013. If it considers it practicable, the FSA endeavors to provide information at an earlier date on key issues arising from the consultation, to help affected firms prepare for AIFMD implementation with effect from July 2013.
Responses to the consultation are requested by February 1, 2013.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Second Circuit Holds Forum Selection Clause Supersedes FINRA’s Mandatory Arbitration Rule
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Revises Proposal to Adopt Consolidated FINRA Rule 2231
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Proposes Margin Rules for Uncleared Swaps
- D.C. Judge Rules in Favor of CFTC on Cross-Border Application of Dodd-Frank Rules
- Second Circuit Defines “Customer” Under FINRA
- UK Insider Dealers Ordered to Pay Confiscation Orders in Excess of the Profits Generated from Insider Dealing