August 24, 2014
August 23, 2014
August 22, 2014
August 21, 2014
Update on Fiscal Cliff Commuter Tax Benefits
On January 4, we blogged about the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012’s (the “Act”) increases in the pre-tax contribution that commuters may make towards van pools as well as transit passes.
On January 11, 2013, the IRS released Revenue Procedure 2013-15, which clarifies that the 2013 limit for van pools and transit passes is $245, effective January 1, 2013.
The IRS still has yet to announce how to apply the increase retroactive to January 1, 2012, given that the 2012 tax year has come to a close. We will keep you informed of additional developments.
For more information, please see the IRS website here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Indian Nations Law Focus - August 2014
- Affordable Care Act Employer Penalties – Another Reason to Make Sure Workers are Properly Classified as Employees or Independent Contractors
- Important North Carolina Bill For Local Tax and Economic Development Changes is Mired in the Muck
- Righting a Wrong: The “Claim of Right” Doctrine and Other Tax Considerations for the Repayment of Pension Plan Overpayments
- Individual Responsibility for 2014 Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) IRS Revenue Procedure 2014-46
- The Affordable Care Act—Countdown to Compliance for Employers, Week 20: 9.5% ≠ 9.56% (And Why It Matters to Applicable Large Employers)