September 02, 2014
September 01, 2014
August 31, 2014
Update on Fiscal Cliff Commuter Tax Benefits
On January 4, we blogged about the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012’s (the “Act”) increases in the pre-tax contribution that commuters may make towards van pools as well as transit passes.
On January 11, 2013, the IRS released Revenue Procedure 2013-15, which clarifies that the 2013 limit for van pools and transit passes is $245, effective January 1, 2013.
The IRS still has yet to announce how to apply the increase retroactive to January 1, 2012, given that the 2012 tax year has come to a close. We will keep you informed of additional developments.
For more information, please see the IRS website here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- The North Carolina General Assembly has Adjourned, Sine Die Die Die!
- New Kazakhstan Permits and Notifications Law
- What to Do with Missing Participants: Department of Labor Provides Guidance
- “Do You Want Liability With That?” The NLRB McDonald’s Decision that could undermine the Franchise Business Model (Part II)
- The Affordable Care Act—Countdown to Compliance for Employers, Week 18: Emerging Strategies to Reduce or Eliminate Exposure for Assessable Payments Under the Affordable Care Act’s Pay-or-Play Rules
- Indian Nations Law Focus - August 2014