September 20, 2014
September 19, 2014
September 18, 2014
Update on Fiscal Cliff Commuter Tax Benefits
On January 4, we blogged about the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012’s (the “Act”) increases in the pre-tax contribution that commuters may make towards van pools as well as transit passes.
On January 11, 2013, the IRS released Revenue Procedure 2013-15, which clarifies that the 2013 limit for van pools and transit passes is $245, effective January 1, 2013.
The IRS still has yet to announce how to apply the increase retroactive to January 1, 2012, given that the 2012 tax year has come to a close. We will keep you informed of additional developments.
For more information, please see the IRS website here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Employer-Provided Meals: There’s No Such Thing as a Free Lunch
- Employer Shared Responsibility Payments and Reporting Requirements Under the Affordable Care Act: Code Sections 6055 and 6056
- Contingent Workers . . . from an ERISA Perspective
- Indian Nations Law Focus–September, 2014
- The Affordable Care Act—Countdown to Compliance for Employers, Week 16: So What, Exactly, is an “Offer of Coverage”?
- Where Oh Where Could They Be? Finding Missing Participants Under the New DOL Guidance