Ari G. Burd, Associate
Mr. Burd practices in both the Labor and Employment Law Practice Area and the Health Care Practice Area.
In the Labor and Employment Practice Area, Mr. Burd devotes his time to litigation and counseling employers with regard to traditional employment and labor related issues. Mr. Burd has extensive experience in both the state and federal courts in areas including retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour, sexual harassment and race, age, gender and disability discrimination. Mr. Burd also has considerable experience in assisting negotiating and drafting employment related agreements as well in counseling clients on employment and labor law issues, including hiring and termination decisions, wage and hour requirements, COBRA compliance, and the ADA.
In the Health Care Practice Area, Mr. Burd provides counsel to hospitals, physicians, and physician groups in transactional, regulatory, corporate and litigation related matters. Mr. Burd often provides assistance in a wide array of matters involving issues such as breach of contract, anti-trust, charity care, Stark, Anti-kickback and HIPAA.
Mr. Burd is the co-author of The New Jersey Healthcare Law Blog, a blog dedicated to providing Federal and State healthcare news, laws, regulations, and upcoming events pertaining to the healthcare field.
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C.
Articles in the National Law Review database by Ari G. Burd:
- New Jersey Company to Pay Over 3 Million Dollars For Wage & Hour Violations (Posted On Mon, 2013-03-11 22:09)
- New Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster Must Be Posted By March 8, 2013 (Posted On Tue, 2013-03-05 23:22)
- Facebook Status: You’re Fired (Posted On Fri, 2013-01-18 15:15)
- Employer’s Creative Method to Reduce Overtime Pay Upheld by Federal Court (Posted On Thu, 2013-01-10 13:14)
- Posting By Employer Regarding Pending Legal Action Can Violate CEPA (Posted On Thu, 2012-11-15 18:35)