Doris E. Brosnan
Doris Brosnan is a Shareholder and Leader of the firm’s Labor and Employment Law Section, and focuses exclusively on assisting clients with employment issues. Doris regularly advises and trains health care, corporate and public sector organizations on how to deal with difficult employees, harassment and workplace violence, disability accommodations, FMLA and general development of effective employment policies and practices.
Doris litigates employment claims, representing clients in federal and state court and before administrative agencies and arbitrators. She also assists clients in achieving employment objectives by providing immigration services, with an emphasis on business immigration.
She regularly advises hospitals and health care systems on a wide range of medical staff questions, including credentialing, employment and privilege, terminations and suspensions, peer review issues, and required reporting. She has also defended clients in medical staff disputes, fair hearings and litigation related to peer review and credentialing issues.
In 2008 Doris was named a “Rising Star” in Employment & Labor Law by Law & Politics and Milwaukee Magazine. She is a member of the American and Milwaukee Bar Associations, the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association, and the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
University of Wisconsin, J.D., cum laude 1998
Marquette University, B.A., cum laude, 1994, Phi Beta Kappa
- von Briesen & Roper, S.C.
Articles in the National Law Review database by Doris E. Brosnan:
- Proposed Rules Modify Electronic Health Records (EHR) Exception under Federal Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law (Posted On Thu, 2013-04-11 03:11)
- Providing Health Services Under TRICARE No Longer Creates Affirmative Action Requirements for Health Care Employers (Posted On Thu, 2012-01-12 14:00)
- Peer Review Protections Broadened Under New Wisconsin Law (Posted On Mon, 2011-03-28 06:09)
- New Wisconsin Law Creates Reporting Obligations for Physicians - And Concerns for Peer Reviewers, Managers, and Treatment Providers for Physicians (Posted On Fri, 2010-07-30 14:01)