Ilisa Halpern Paul , Managing Government Relations Director
- (202) 230-5145
Ilisa Halpern Paul has more than 20 years of experience in health care, advocacy, and policymaking in non-profit, academic, federally funded, and government settings. Ilisa's practice focuses on advocacy, public policy, and federal support for national patient advocate health professional organizations as well as hospitals and health systems. Prior to joining the firm, Ilisa served as senior government relations director at Arent Fox where she represented and advanced the legislative and regulatory interests of numerous non-profit and advocacy organizations, trade associations, voluntary health associations and private companies before Congress and the administration.
Ilisa is skilled in assisting clients in attaining legislative and regulatory goals, conducting grassroots campaigns and advocacy workshops, building coalitions and bringing nontraditional partners to the table, developing public policies and setting organizational priorities, crafting creative government relations strategies and fostering relationships with congressional members and staff, White House and agency staff and coalition partners.
Ilisa publishes in the Capitol Health Record blog.
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Ilisa Halpern Paul :
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) and the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Announce Availability of Significant Federal Research Funding (Posted On Thu, 2013-05-30 08:03)
- Dewonkify – Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Score (Posted On Tue, 2013-05-28 19:04)
- Temporary Executive Appointments (Posted On Thu, 2013-01-31 03:14)
- Dewonkify – Debt Ceiling (Posted On Wed, 2013-01-16 15:03)
- Entitlement Reform: Possible Changes to Medicare & Medicaid (Posted On Mon, 2012-12-03 14:06)
- Dewonkify – Wonk (Posted On Fri, 2012-11-30 00:10)
- Want Federal Funding? Don’t Forget OMB! (Office of Management and Budget ) (Posted On Mon, 2012-06-25 09:54)