Jill Berkeley, Partner
- (312) 269-8024.
Jill B. Berkeley is a partner at Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP and chairs the firm’s Insurance Policyholder Practice Group. Described by Chambers USA in 2010 as “one of the leading coverage litigators in the state,” Jill represents policyholders and claimants in insurance coverage disputes involving toxic torts and hazardous wastes, environmental pollution, construction, products liability, intellectual property, first-party property, business interruption and excess liability matters.
In addition to her robust litigation practice, Jill offers her clients strategic advice on insurance coverage to help them manage risk. She has counseled clients in connection with all types of insurance policies, including directors’ and officers’ and professional liability, commercial general liability, first-party property and builder’s risk, and personal and advertising injury liability.
Jill’s client base is focused on utilities, general contractors, manufacturers, professional service providers, financial institutions, trucking companies, and real estate developers, though her experience stretches to other industries as well.
- Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Jill Berkeley:
- Coverage Lawyers, Policyholders and Insurers Take Note: American Law Institute Proposes “Principles” Regarding Duty to Defend (Posted On Tue, 2013-05-14 03:42)
- Inference, Not Speculation, Triggers Duty to Defend Asbestos Bodily Injury Claim (Posted On Wed, 2012-10-24 08:06)
- Comparing Illinois versus California Bad Faith Law (Posted On Mon, 2012-10-01 12:06)
- When is Ensuing Loss Not Ensuing Loss? (Posted On Fri, 2012-09-21 17:06)
- “Slam Dunk” Liability Defense Does Not Abrogate Duty to Defend (Posted On Fri, 2012-09-14 06:03)
- Insurer Bound by Policyholder’s Settlement of Questionable Liability Case (Posted On Thu, 2012-09-13 13:04)
- Court Catches Unsuspecting Policyholder in Property Insurance Traps (Posted On Thu, 2012-08-16 07:05)
- Non-Settling Insurer Had No Right to Seek Equitable Contribution (Posted On Thu, 2012-08-02 14:03)
- Untimely Delivery of Policy Precluded Insurer from Relying on Exclusions (Posted On Tue, 2012-07-03 16:05)
- Self Insured Employer Entitled to Unlimited Worker’s Compensation Benefits from Guaranty Fund (Posted On Tue, 2012-06-19 01:05)
- Insurer Has No Right of Reimbursement After Paying Settlement (Posted On Fri, 2012-06-08 14:05)
- Inartful Pleading Does Not Defeat Duty to Defend (Posted On Wed, 2012-04-11 15:15)
- Why Pre-Tender Defense Costs Are Recoverable: is the “Actual Notice” Rule a Bar or Not? (Posted On Sun, 2012-03-04 11:23)
- Mere Prospect of an Excess Judgment does not Create Conflict of Interest for Defense Lawyer (Posted On Thu, 2012-02-16 02:52)