Labor and Employment Practice
Good business sense combined with good people sense. That's perhaps the best way to describe our approach to labor and employment law at Varnum.
Our labor and employment attorneys understand the importance of human resource management and development in your business strategy. We have built a practice that responds quickly to your needs, looks for practical, cost-effective business solutions and holds to sound human resource principles.
With one of the most experienced labor and employment practices in the region, Varnum has expertise in all areas of labor law and employer/employee relations. Clients range from large corporations and universities to small retailers and service firms -- public, private, union and non-union employers -- throughout the Midwest and across the country.
- Varnum LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Labor and Employment Practice:
- 2014 H-1B Visas: Employers Need to Note Upcoming Application Dates (Posted On Fri, 2013-02-01 04:03)
- Right-to-Work Becomes Law in Michigan: What it Means for Employers (Posted On Wed, 2012-12-12 11:32)
- 2013 COLAs for Employee Benefit Plans (Posted On Sun, 2012-10-21 17:02)
- Court Rules Supplemental Unemployment Compensation Not Subject to Social Security, Medicare Taxes (Posted On Sun, 2012-10-14 19:03)
- Federal Court Agrees with DOL: Mortgage Loan Officers are Not Exempt (Posted On Fri, 2012-06-15 03:26)
- Court Finds Employee Benefits Committee Breached Fiduciary Duty with Failure to Evaluate Recordkeeping Fees (Posted On Mon, 2012-06-11 10:36)
- Plan Administrators: New Record Keeping Requirements for Form 5500 (Posted On Thu, 2012-06-07 21:05)
- Failure to Evaluate Recordkeeping Fees Found to be a Breach of Fiduciary Duty (Posted On Thu, 2012-06-07 02:41)