Mary K. Samsa, Partner
Mary K. Samsa is a partner in the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery LLP and is based in the Firm’s Chicago office.
Mary has more than 15 years of experience and has represented a wide range of organizations including, but not limited to, Fortune 100 public companies, privately held companies, multinational organizations and not-for-profit hospital systems as well as educational institutions. Mary’s primary practice focuses on executive compensation (for both taxable and tax-exempt entities) where she regularly advises on nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements, executive employment arrangements (including the rebuttable presumption of reasonableness for tax-exempt entities), equity compensation arrangements, reporting and disclosure of compensatory arrangements, severance arrangements and change in control issues, to name just a few.
Mary is involved in the Tax and International Sections of the American Bar Association, Empowering Women Network (EWN), Founder of the Midwest Chapter of the Global Equity Organization, the Employee Benefits Section of the Illinois State Bar Association, National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- McDermott Will & Emery
Articles in the National Law Review database by Mary K. Samsa:
- IRS Issues Procedures for Securing Favorable Opinions on Pre-Approved Internal Revenue Code 403(b) Programs (Posted On Wed, 2013-04-17 22:10)
- IRS Issues 403(b) Plan Fix-It Guide (Posted On Fri, 2013-03-15 07:04)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Issues 403(b) Plan Fix-It Guide (Posted On Tue, 2013-03-12 14:09)
- IRS Relief Available until April 1 for 403(b) Plan Sponsors Under Audit (Posted On Sat, 2013-03-02 18:03)
- Department of Labor (DOL) Audit Letters Requesting Proof of Compliance with Health Care Reform Requirements (Posted On Tue, 2013-02-26 02:02)
- DOL Audit Letters Requesting Proof of Compliance with Health Care Reform Requirements (Posted On Sat, 2013-02-23 16:20)
- Department of Labor (DOL) Audit Letters Requesting Proof of Compliance with Health Care Reform Requirements (Posted On Wed, 2013-02-20 07:23)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Updates Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (Posted On Fri, 2013-02-08 09:15)
- IRS Updates Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (Posted On Mon, 2013-01-14 15:01)
- New DOL Opinion States Certain 403(b) Plans No Longer Exempt from ERISA (Posted On Thu, 2012-06-28 07:05)
- New DOL Opinion States Certain 403(b) Plans No Longer Exempt from ERISA (Posted On Fri, 2012-06-15 23:05)