Samantha P. Kingsbury, Associate
Samantha is an Associate in the firm’s Health Law Section in the Boston office. In 2008, she also worked as a Mintz Levin Summer Associate.
Samantha’s practice focuses on health care enforcement defense matters relating to criminal and administrative actions brought against health care providers and companies by state and federal governmental and regulatory agencies. She also has experience in assisting clients with internal investigations and preparing self-disclosures relating to such enforcement matters.
In addition to enforcement defense matters, Samantha has assisted clients with developing internal compliance programs. She also handles licensure and regulatory filings for a variety of health care clients, with a focus on hospitals and clinical laboratories.
Before joining Mintz Levin, Samantha completed a fellowship as a Special Assistant District Attorney for the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office. In this role she prosecuted several jury and bench trial matters, handled evidentiary motions and conducted arraignments and pre-trial hearings.
During law school, Samantha served as a Legal Intern at Casa Myrna Vazquez, Inc., a non-profit organization working to end domestic violence in the lives of women and children. At Mintz Levin, Samantha continues to work with victims of domestic violence through the firm’s Domestic Violence Project. She also participates in a variety of other pro bonomatters.
Samantha is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association. She received her BA, magna cum laude, in Political Science and Spanish, from the College of the Holy Cross (2006)(Phi Beta Kappa). Samantha received her JD, cum laude, from Boston University School of Law (2009), where she also served as Administrative Editor to The American Journal of Law and Medicine.
Samantha is fluent in Spanish.
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
Articles in the National Law Review database by Samantha P. Kingsbury:
- Health Care Enforcement in 2012: A Year in Review (Posted On Tue, 2013-02-26 21:17)
- Health Care Enforcement: 2012 Trends Quarterly Review — Part IV in a Continuing Series on Health Care Enforcement (Posted On Wed, 2012-05-09 18:28)
- Medicare Fraud Strike Force Bust Involves Highest Amount of False Billings in a Single Takedown (Posted On Mon, 2012-05-07 07:35)
- Industry Trends in Criminal Health Care Fraud Enforcement (Posted On Mon, 2012-04-16 17:07)