Michael J. Gross, Shareholder/Managing Partner
Mr. Gross, chair of the Environmental Law Practice Area, handles all aspects of New Jersey and federal environmental law, including permitting and litigation, CAFRA, sewage disposal and water supply, wetlands, riparian (tidelands) law, solid waste, flood hazard areas, siting of energy and other industrial facilities, site remediation, Pinelands, Highlands, cultural resources, stormwater, wastewater planning, water and air pollution. Mr. Gross also appears before planning and zoning boards and has handled complex construction litigation matters.
Mr. Gross is environmental counsel to the New Jersey Builders Association and general counsel to the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey. The Environmental Law Department authored the environmental law section of The New Jersey Land Use and Environmental Law Treatise and Mr. Gross co-authors the New Jersey Water Law Survey updates to the Waters and Water Rights Treatise.
He has been involved in major litigation both before the New Jersey courts and the Office of Administrative Law and has argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court and Appellate Division. Mr. Gross has served as an expert witness in cases before the New Jersey Superior Court and the U.S. District Court.
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C.
Articles in the National Law Review database by Michael J. Gross:
- Emergency Coastal Regulations Issued by NJDEP (New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection) (Posted On Mon, 2013-05-06 10:07)
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Waiver Rule Court Decision Appealed (Posted On Thu, 2013-04-18 10:15)
- New Jersey Governor Adopts FEMA Advisory Base Flood Elevation Maps as a DEP Standard (Department of Environmental Protection Standard) (Posted On Tue, 2013-01-29 16:12)
- FEMA To Release New Advisory Base Flow Elevations Maps (Posted On Sat, 2012-12-08 14:09)