Laura Broughton Russell, Of Counsel
Laura has more than 13 years of experience as an advocate for employers. She concentrates her practice on providing effective counseling and compliance assistance to her employer clients to manage human resources related risks proactively. Laura assists employers in complying with all state and federal employment laws, including preparing policies, procedures, plans, handbooks and employment agreements. She also has successfully represented clients before various governmental agencies, the state and federal courts of North Carolina, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Prior Legal Experience
Laura rejoined the firm in 2007. She had been with Poyner Spruill before, from 1986 to 1998. Prior to that time, from 1984 to 1986, she served as law clerk to the Honorable James C. Fox, United States District Court Judge for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- Poyner Spruill LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Laura Broughton Russell:
- The Wage and Hour Movement Against Internship Programs (Posted On Thu, 2013-02-28 07:09)
- NRLB Continues to be Active in the Areas of Social Media and Employment-at-Will Policies (Posted On Tue, 2012-11-06 14:04)
- Federal Agencies Continue to Focus on Pay Discrimination (Posted On Tue, 2012-06-19 12:05)
- Implementing Effective Litigation Holds (Posted On Wed, 2011-05-25 03:05)
- Discrimination Charges Against Employers Hit Record High in 2010 (Posted On Tue, 2011-02-15 11:47)