The Bottom Line: You Rung the Bell – What Happens Next? [WEBINAR]
We are pleased to announce the next webinar in Proskauer’s webinar series, The Bottom Line: You Rung the Bell – What Happens Next
Proskauer partners Steven Burwell of our Capital Markets team and Don Melamed of our Private Funds team, will be joined by Tom Schadewald, a Director in the Equity Capital Markets Group of UBS Securities LLC, in an in-depth discussion of the considerations that fund managers must contemplate once their portfolio company becomes public (whether through a transaction with a SPAC, a direct listing or a traditional IPO). They will discuss acquiring, holding and disposing of securities of companies that have registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) and are traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market, New York Stock Exchange, or another market, and considerations around participation on boards of public companies, among other topics.
Please join us as we discuss what sponsors must consider once their portfolio company has become public.
Topics will include:
- Issues to consider around maintaining representation on public company boards of directors
- Insider trading and material non-public information management from the Fund’s Sponsor perspective
- Short swing profit recapture – traps for the unwary
- Distribution vs. sale of public holdings
- Lockup agreements and other monetization considerations
- Other key legal and commercial considerations