May 23, 2022
- Los Angeles Superior Court Invalidates California Law Requiring... by: John P. Stigi III and Alejandro E. Moreno
- ROUND 1 TO THE BAD GUYS: FTSA Survives First Serious Constitutional... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Timber Briefing: U.S. Lumber Prices Could Be Affected by Sanctions on... by: Daniel C. Kelly-Stallings and Marisa N. Bocci
- US Executive Branch Update – May 23, 2022 by: Stacy A. Swanson
- Antitrust Enforcers’ Third “Listening Forum” On Merger Reform... by: Arindam Kar
- Fifth Circuit Holds SEC’s In-House Courts and Judges Unconstitutional by: Joshua M. Newville and Julia D. Alonzo
- The Feds Double Down (Again): SEC Adds 20 Positions to Cryptocurrency... by: Matthew G. Lindenbaum and Robert L. Lindholm
- Biden Revisions to the NEPA Regulations Now in Effect by: Alexander L. Merritt and Kathryn C. Kafka
- Jury Awards $450,000 For Employer’s Termination of Employee After... by: Nicole A. Eichberger and Atoyia S. Harris
- University Of Groningen And University Of Graz Scientists Create A... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Ligia Duarte Botelho
- New Draft Guidance on FDA Enforcement Discretion for Past-Due NDI... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- On Her Shoulders, Season 2 Episode 5 - Interview with Jenna Banks [... by: Corinne Smith
- FTC Blog: “The FTC Act Creates a De Facto Breach Disclosure... by: Joseph J. Lazzarotti
- Bill Would Require Passively-Managed Funds To Vote Proxies As... by: Keith Paul Bishop
May 21, 2022
- Improvements to ECHA’s Chemicals Database Include Nanomaterial Form... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- OFCCP Identifies Contractors Selected for FY2022 Compliance Audits by: Jack Blum
- I’m Pretty Sure the FTC’s New Document Seizure (er Preservation) NPRM... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Mississippi Gaming Commission Meeting Report May 2022 by: Thomas B. Shepherd III and Christopher S. Pace
- MARKETERS BEWARE– Oklahoma Governor Stitt Signs Oklahoma’s Mini-TCPA... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Massachusetts Appeals Court Excuses City’s Notice-by-Mail Fail by: Kathleen M. Heyer
- Spoofing vs. DIDS: Court’s Recent Refusal to Allow Subpoena for Phone... by: Eric J. Troutman
May 20, 2022
- ACO REACH Model [PODCAST] by: Mara McDermott
- Tokens and Titles and Art by: David H. Siegel
- McDermottPlus Check-Up: May 20, 2022 by: McDermott Will & Emery
- CFPB to Issue Consumer Financial Protection Circulars to Increase... by: Tonya M. Esposito and Gil Rudolph
- Stablecoin Regulation Update by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- Cal/OSHA Proposes Revisions to Workplace Violence Prevention... by: Ursula L. Clemons
- CFPB Report on Mortgage Servicers Examines Industry Responses After... by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- Beltway Buzz, May 20, 2022 by: James J. Plunkett
- New Jersey: Notice to Employees Required Before Using Tracking... by: Luke P. Breslin and Jason C. Gavejian
- FDIC and CFPB Take Action to Protect Against Misrepresentations about... by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- Workplace Strategies Watercooler: Exploring Mental Health in the... by: William E. Grob and Hera S. Arsen
- US Supreme Court Requests Solicitor General's Views in FCA Rule... by: D. Jacques Smith and Randall A. Brater
- California “Women on Boards” Law Ruled Unconstitutional, but... by: Kate Gold and Dixie M. Morrison
- BUSINESS NUMBER RULES: New Case Breaks Down the TCPA DNC Rules... by: Eric J. Troutman
- How Legal Practice Management Software Supports Hybrid Work Models at... by: Kamron Sanders
- Diversity Visa Lottery Selections Made for Fiscal Year 2023 by: Julia Holod
- Physician Ownership in Medical Device Company Will Not Trigger Anti-... by: Douglas A. Grimm and Gayland O. Hethcoat II
Global Legal Updates, Legal News From Around the World
The National Law Review covers a variety of global and international legal news, which not only affects countries outside the US but also international relations within the US. From multinational companies doing business in foreign locations, and new tax implications on these companies, to international import tariffs being imposed on steel and aluminum, with certain trade partners, the National Law Review covers these, and other interesting news stories, for its online visitors.
Canada, the US, Mexico, the UK and EU, Brazil, China, and other international jurisdictions, are frequently covered by the National Law Review. Visitors can read stories about Antidumping and Countervailing (AD/CV) regulations and fines which are imposed against certain companies/countries for violations. Merger and acquisition deals under the Committee of Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) deals are frequently covered online, as are international trade, bankruptcy, and tax-law news. Visitors can read about multinational companies, foreign stocks and bonds, tax implications on these products, and how the IRS and IRC regulate profit sharing for these companies and their international clientele. News related to emerging countries and foreign developments in those nations is also covered by the site.
Visitors can find the latest developments in foreign employment regulations, especially if planning on working abroad or learning about the potential tax implications of doing so. Intellectual property law and rights, foreign investments, tax compliance laws, international trade regulations (throughout the US and internationally), and coverage from agencies like the World Trade Organization (WTO), are also analyzed by the legal experts who write for the National Law Review.
Additionally, matters related to trade, including changes in trade agreements like NAFTA renegotiation and the Trans-Pacific Partnership, as well as updates on new tariffs are discussed. Implications and consequences of these changes and analyzed by the legal experts at the National Law Review.
Controversies under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FACTA), immigration reform, DACA controversies, international finance, and earnings, are stories that are updated on the site daily. And, with new legislation including the GDPR, post-Brexit split between the EU and UK, cybersecurity and data protection threats, and other similar stories unfolding daily, visitors to the National Law Review can find content on these topics when visiting the site.
For hourly updates on the latest news about international legal news, including tax law, import tariffs, trade law, CIFUS, GDPR global privacy & cybersecurity standards, and more, be sure to follow our Global Law Twitter feed, and sign up for complimentary e-news bulletins.