April 22, 2019
- Draft California Regulations for Nighttime Agricultural Operations Up... by: Karen Tynan
- SCOTUS To Rule On Whether Title VII Prohibits Sexual Orientation And... by: Lindsay Colvin Stone
- US EPA Finalizes Rule Employing “SNUR-Only” Approach for TSCA New... by: Nicole E. Bothwell
- IRS Clarifies Business Meal and Entertainment Deductions Following... by: Michael K. Mahoney and Walter B. Parker
- La implementación de la política “Buy American” (Compra... by: Elise Holtzman and Albert E. Dotson, Jr.
- U.S. Supreme Court to Rule on LGBTQ Workplace Protections under Title... by: Michelle E. Phillips and Collin O’Connor Udell
- IRS Offers Guidance on Applying Test for Deductibility of Parking... by: Michael K. Mahoney and Walter B. Parker
- A Sticky Situation for Employers: New York City Council Passes Bill... by: Stefan M. Canizares
- Preparing for an Economic Downturn: How Manufacturers Can Prepare by: Jeffrey J. White
- California Supreme Court Poised to Provide Guidance on... by: Scott M. Pearson and Marcos D. Sasso
- Massachusetts Employers Need to Prepare as Paid Family and Medical... by: Jillian M. Collins
- A Radical Change to Ratification: Key Takeaways from Henderson v.... by: Joseph S. Hartunian
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Denies a Motion to Dismiss Claim... by: Natalie K. DeLave and Laura H. Phillips
- FTC Continues to Focus on Ad Agency Liability by: Richard B. Newman
- Ninth Circuit’s Marks Opinion Continues to Extend its Reach Across... by: Nicole Su
- Telecom Alert - Pole Attachment Order Effective Date; 800 MHz Guard... by: C. Douglas Jarrett and Gregory E. Kunkle
- DOJ White Paper Answers Questions about the Scope and Applicability... by: Laura H. Phillips
- Should Companies Ban USBs? by: Risk Management Magazine
- Returning to the Status Quo? – Proposed Outline for Section 101 Reform by: Daniel T. Taskalos
- US Supreme Court Agrees to Decide Whether Title VII Prohibits LGBT... by: Melissa Legault
- FinCEN Issues First Penalty Against Peer-to-Peer Virtual Currency... by: Jack P. Drogin and Kayvan B. Sadeghi
- Delaware Court of Chancery Dismisses Derivative Suit in Limited... by: Scott E. Waxman and Zachary L. Sager
- Bridging the Week by Gary DeWaal: April 15 – 19 and April 22, 2019 (... by: Gary De Waal
- CAL/OSHA Proposes Emergency Regulation on Smoke-Protection after... by: Trever L. Neuroth
- FDA Issues Warning Letter to Lab Marketing Three Laboratory-Developed... by: Allison Fulton and Kenneth Yood
- FDIC and Duke University announce fintech research conference by: Brian J. Slagle
- M&A Update: The Delaware Supreme Court’s Decision in Verition... by: Jason M. Halper and Joshua Apfelroth
- Arbitrator Found Not to Have Issued a Reasoned Award, SDNY Remands to... by: Nora A. Valenza-Frost
- Weekly IRS Roundup April 15 – 19, 2019 by: Tax Practice Group McDermott Will Emery
- Mississippi Gaming Commission Posts Meeting Minutes for April 2019 by: Thomas B. Shepherd and Christopher S. Pace
- Monsanto Ordered to Pay Millions to Cancer Victims; Michigan... by: Adam J. Brody and Brion B. Doyle
- New HUD Requirements for Down Payment Assistance Provided by... by: Richard J. Andreano, Jr.
- Insurance Policy Renewals May Be an Opportunity to Obtain Better... by: Steven P. Inman, II
- OZ Flash: Newly Issued Proposed Regulations and the President's... by: Mary Burke Baker and Adam J. Tejeda
- FSIS Proposes Changes to Net Weight/Net Contents for Some Meat and... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Court Holds that Pre-Suit Offer Did Not Moot Claims by: Michael P. Daly and Matthew M. Morrissey
- Link to Marijuana Industry as Basis for Denial of Naturalization... by: John Quinn
- Can a State Provide Oversight Under a Federal CERCLA Order or Decree? by: David G. Mandelbaum
- Initial Court Conference Kicks Off Valsartan Litigation in New Jersey by: Stefanie Colella-Walsh and Martin P. Schrama
- Fee Shifting Bill Dies While Nevada Legislature Continues To Mull... by: Keith Paul Bishop
Labor and Employment Legal and Regulatory Law News
The National Law Review keeps employers abreast of the latest labor and employment law news. We cover all aspects of employment and labor disputes including, disability access and accommodations, harassment, retaliation, discrimination, unfair competition and trade secrets, whistleblower actions, business immigration, workplace privacy, wrongful termination and more matters adjudicated before the courts as well as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) and state and local agencies.
We feature the latest news on emerging compliance issues such as Affordable Care Act (“ACA”/”Obamacare”) and Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) mandates, EEOC and Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) enforcement, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) investigations, employee benefits, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”), the Department of Labor (“DOL”) Fiduciary Rules, joint employers status, E-Verify, workplace privacy, whistleblower actions, overtime requirements, and prevailing wage laws.
Employers can find the latest information on employment agreements and documents including: executive employment and compensation agreements, employee handbooks, sexual harassment policies, independent contractor agreements, social media policies, internet and email usage policies, separation agreements, equity compensation agreement and employee arbitration agreements.
On a state level, the National Law Review covers the latest on legislation, from laws banning-the-box and limiting the questions employers may ask during the hiring process; including limitations on questions about previous salary history and criminal history. Additionally, the nation-wide push for employers to establish paid family leave & sick policy and the resulting patchwork of rules. The National Law Review offers analysis of this legislation and provides information to help companies remain compliant.