December 08, 2022
- Biden-Harris Administration Invests $981 Million to Expand Market... by: US Department of Agriculture USDA
- Workplace Violence Plans: Tragic Events Shine a Spotlight on... by: Gordon L. Blair and Tiffany Cox Stacy
- Bond Traders Face Ban for Market Abuse in the UK by: Camillo Di Donato
- Behavioral Health Law Ledger | December 2022 by: Julie A. Sullivan and Nancy E. Taylor
- Responding to Recent Taxpayer Victories, IRS Issues Proposed... by: Courtney A. Hopley and Barbara T. Kaplan
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: SEC’s Final Rule on Clawback Policies by: David J. Lavan
- FDA Releases Traceability Final Rule by: Natalie E. Rainer and Marisa N. Bocci
- California: Health Care M&A Market Heats up as New Regulator... by: Joseph T. Simon and Claire Marblestone
- hiQ and LinkedIn Reach Proposed Settlement in Landmark Scraping Case by: Jeffrey D. Neuburger
- FTC and Other Regulators Continue to Signal Interest in Mobile Health... by: Julia K. Kadish
- UK Law May Create ‘Duty of Care’ for Social Media Companies by: Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Robinson Cole
- California Minimum Wage Increases for 2023 by: Anthony J Oncidi and Wesley C. Shelton
- Like a Steam Locomotive, Rolling Down the Track: Biden Signs... by: Slates C. Veazey
- CFPB Targets Financial Services Company for Deceptive Advertising by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- Game Over when Expert Fails to Use Correct Claim Construction by: Cecilia Choy, Ph.D.
- You Thought You Were Protected? When a Non-Compete Isn’t Enforceable... by: Anne R. Yuengert and J. William Manuel
- California’s First Offshore Wind Auction Finalized – Key Takeaways by: Paul J. Kaufman
- Illinois Appellate Court Holds Data Retention Policies Required When... by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Ninth Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Non-Contracted Provider’s Lawsuit... by: Jeffrey DeBeer
- The New Status Quo: Louisiana First Circuit Reverses Trial Court on... by: Sara B. Kuebel
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Corporate Transparency by: Corbin Carter
- Workplace Violence: CMS Warns of Violations of Hospital Conditions of... by: Lawrence W. Vernaglia and Kate L. Pamperin
- ESG: Tips for the Oil & Gas Boardroom by: Scott D. Ellis
- The Prevailing Winds of Public Interest: Tailoring Injunctive Relief... by: Andrew H. DeVoogd and Gabriella J. Flick
- US Offshore Wind: After the West Coast and the Gulf of Mexico, the... by: Melanie Fridgant
- Class Action Filed Against Blackhawk Network for Failure to Secure... by: Kathryn M. Rattigan
- False Claims Act Civil Investigative Demands and How to Handle Them by: Dr. Nick Oberheiden
- FTC Set to Review Green Guides by: Phyllis H. Marcus
- On the Border of Art and Trademark: First Amendment Trumps the Lanham... by: Anisa Noorassa
- A Checklist for Your Retirement Plan Fiduciary Insurance Renewal by: B. David Joffe and Caleb L. Barron
- Design Patent Protection Remains a Valuable Tool for Automotive... by: Alexander J. Neuworth and Scott D. Anderson
- Policy Renewals: Has Your Insurer Been Naughty or Nice? by: Latosha M. Ellis and Jae Lynn Huckaba
- WFH - Work From Home or Work From "Home?" by: Marc N. Aspis
- DOJ Weighs in on SAFE Banking Act, Requests “Minor Changes” by: Kirsten A. Hart and Gwendolyn Lemley Laurich
- DOJ Continues to Emphasize Antitrust Merger Enforcement by: E. John Steren and Patricia M. Wagner
- Eleventh Defendant Pleads Guilty in $15 Million Scheme to Defraud... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- PTO and Copyright Office Seek Public Comments on Non-Fungible Tokens by: Bernard P. Codd
- FSIS and FDA Continue to Investigate Food-Borne Illnesses by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Global Perspective on Patenting of Blockchain, Crypto, and DeFi... by: Michael Fainberg and Mohammad Zaryab
- Words Matter: Court Sides with Translation Company in Insurance... by: Robert H. Cohen
- EU Court of Justice: Consent and Right to Deletion of the Subscriber’... by: Stéphanie Faber
- Lawyers’ Professional Liability Insurance: Do You Need It? by: CRM News and Updates, Lawmatics
- Beware Before You Flare: EPA Revamps Rulemaking to Pave the Way for... by: Jennifer Tharp
- US Department of Labor Recovers $250K in Wages, Damages for Servers,... by: U.S. Department of Labor
- Washington State's Pay Transparency Law Takes Effect January 1,... by: Yesenia M. Gallegos and Michelle S. Strowhiro
- Employers Must Notify Colorado Employees of FAMLI Benefits by January... by: Gillian McKean Bidgood and Emily E. Tichenor
- ASIC Gears Up Enforcement Activity by: Jim Bulling
- USDA Seeks Applications for Grants to Help Rural Businesses Produce... by: US Department of Agriculture USDA
- No Mulligans Here: PTO Rewinds Reexamination Based on Estoppel by: James M. Oehler
- Three Health Care Providers Agree to Pay $22.5 Million for Alleged... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- UK Government’s Intended Revisions to Flexible Working Rules – Not... by: David Whincup
- IN A NEW YORK MINUTE, Telemarketing Laws Are Changing! by: Angelika Munger
- Active Russian Agent Andrii Derkach Indicted for Scheme to Violate... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Ten Minute Interview: Private Market Investments [PODCAST] by: Brian L. Lucareli and Michael P. Calabrese
- The Automotive Recall Landscape in the US by: Patricia Doersch and Jennifer Satterfield
- Employers in Finland Have Little Time Left to Take Advantage of... by: Rebecca L. Marks
- Do Not Sell Links – How common are they really? by: David A. Zetoony
- NTIA Calls for Tough New Privacy Rules by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- If A Lease Is Not "Valid", Is It Void or Voidable? by: Keith Paul Bishop
December 07, 2022
- EPA Proposes to Add PFAS Subject to TRI Reporting to List of... by: Government Regulation
- From the Edge - In the Boardroom: Session 6 - Crises in the Boardroom... by: Stephen M. Osborn and Melanie Ruthrauff Levy
- China Semiconductor Regulations -Episode II The Curious Case of the... by: Reid Whitten and J. Scott Maberry
- Quantifying Cryptocurrency Claims in Bankruptcy: Does the Dollar... by: Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Tribal Treaty Rights Take Center Stage in Two Landmark Federal Water... by: David C. Weber and Eric L. Christensen
- Materials Available from EPA’s NAMs Conference and CompTox Chemicals... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- Is Your Website Collecting PHI Under OCR's New Tracking... by: Dianne J. Bourque and Lara D. Compton
- UK Crime Agency Secures Novel Court Ruling for Over £50 Million in... by: Mark Beardsworth and Kevin Roberts
- All I Want For Christmas Is....Permitting Reform [PODCAST] by: Daniel J. Pope and Liam P. Donovan
- OIG Shines a Spotlight on Nursing Homes, Opioid Misuse, and Health... by: Carter D. Gage
- A Guide to Outsourcing Legal Services by: Bill4Time
- Irish Data Protection Commission Fines Meta €265 Million for Privacy... by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- To Achieve Carbon Neutrality by 2045, CARB Proposes 2022 Scoping Plan by: Samuel L. Brown and Shannon S. Broome
- CMS Extends Delayed Enforcement of the Good Faith Estimate by: Alexandra B. Shalom and Kara (Schoonover) Sweet
- BORDEN APPLIED: famous tcpa case involving botox call to actions... by: Eric J. Troutman
- External Evaluation of FDA’s Human Foods Program Published by: Lisa P. Alsobrook and Melvin S. Drozen
- Ten Individuals Charged in Business Email Compromise Scheme Targeting... by: Kurt R. Erskine and Rebecca M. Hsu
- Organizational Integrity Shorts: Measuring The Efficacy Of Your... by: Jonathan S. Aronie
- CMS Releases New Sample Formats to Assist Hospitals With Price... by: Charles A. Sinsel and Kristen Andrews Wilson
- Tech M&A Outlook: What Types of Deals are Getting Done? by: Louis Lehot and Brandee L. Diamond
- California to Ease Employer COVID-19 Notification Requirements and... by: Charles Wang
- CPPA Announces Meeting to Discuss CPRA Rulemaking and Other Updates by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- New Law Eases Federal Restrictions on Medical Marijuana Research and... by: Aram Ordubegian and Justin A. Goldberg
- More Countries Signal Intention to Withdraw from the Energy Charter... by: Timothy J. Feighery and Lee M. Caplan
- Court Enters Permanent Injunction Against Food Sanitation Contractor... by: U.S. Department of Labor
- Employment Law This Week: Spilling Secrets –Top Trade Secret and Non-... by: Peter A. Steinmeyer and Katherine G. Rigby
- Court Issues Order Requiring Cigarette Companies to Post Corrective... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- MintzTech Connect: All Things Technology — December 2022 by: Stephen M. Osborn and Melanie Ruthrauff Levy
- UK ICO Publishes New Direct Marketing Guidance and Checklists by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- The Four Things that Companies Need to Know About Protecting Trade... by: James D. Cromley and Matthew F. Prewitt
- Summary of NLRB Decisions for Week of November 21 - 25, 2022 by: NLRB National Labor Relations Board
- OFAC Announces Settlement with Virtual Currency Exchange Kraken by: Financial Services Practice Group Squire Patton Boggs
- Beware of Procedural Pitfalls in HOA Foreclosures by: John M. Martin and Thomas C. Wolff
- Unfair Competition – How To Deal With It? by: Marcin S. Wnukowski and Justyna Dereszyńska
- How Many Websites Now Have Cookie Banners? by: David A. Zetoony
- Former Correctional Officer Sentenced for Assaulting a Hawaii Inmate by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Secure Jobs, Better Pay Bill Is Now Law by: Dominic Fleeton and Nick Ruskin
- Ankura CTIX FLASH Update - December 6, 2022 by: Ankura Cyber Threat Investigations and Expert Services
- Don't Even Think About Trying To Enforce These Voting Agreements by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Will Group Costs Orders "anchor" Class Actions in Victoria? by: Tim Webster and Renée Krikorian
- Ankura CTIX FLASH Update - December 2, 2022 by: Ankura Cyber Threat Investigations and Expert Services
- Five Business Development and Marketing Trends Impacting Smaller and... by: Christina R. Fritsch JD and Dave Whiteside
- Old Lady Shows Her Youth with Win in Significant Trade Mark Ruling... by: Niall J. Lavery and Simon Casinader
December 06, 2022
- Don’t Let Drugs Bring You Down: The Importance of an Effective Drug... by: Lourdes Martinez and Jarrod Brodsky
- Suspected of Running a Rental Housing Cartel, RealPage Faces... by: Jonathan Rubin
- Subchapter V Bankruptcy Rules Permanently Amended by: George P. Angelich and Justin A. Kesselman
- Court Holds that Design and Manufacture of Allegedly Injurious... by: Joseph T. Niczky and Michael S. Levine
- The SEC'S Marketing Rule: Open Issues and Looming Sweep Exams by: Michael S. Caccese and Michael W. McGrath
- EPA Proposes Rule to Eliminate TRI Exemption for PFAS by: Lisa A. Gilbreath and Georgia M. Bolduc
- Focus on the Relief, Not the Label by: David C. Roberts
- Chips Chatter: November 28-December 6 by: Pablo E. Carrillo and Ludmilla L. Kasulke
- Issue Spotting Is Not Whistleblowing by: Gregory (Greg) Keating and Daniel J. Green
- Foley Automotive Report 06 December 2022 by: Ann Marie Uetz and Vanessa L. Miller
- IRS Provides Plan Amendment Deadline Relief by: Taylor Bracewell and Conley J. Scott III
- OCR Releases Guidance on Use of Tracking Technologies by: Julia K. Kadish
- New Plastics Bill Would Place a Moratorium on All Permits for New... by: Madeleine Boyer and Evynn M. Overton
- How many businesses put up a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”... by: David A. Zetoony
- Supreme Court Hears Arguments in False Claims Act Whistleblower Case by: Mary Jane Wilmoth
- Exporting U.S. Antitrust Law: Are We Really Ready for NOPEC? by: Jonathan Rubin
- CFIUS Clearance: Tiga Acquisition Corp. and Grindr Group LLC by: International Trade Practice at Squire Patton Boggs
- December 9 Looms as Compliance Date for Private Investment Funds and... by: Vlad M. Bulkin and Wendy E. Cohen
- Episode 3: The Future Powered By Hyperscale Cloud Computing with... by: Natasha Allen and Christopher J. McKenna
- Same-Sex, Interracial Marriages Federal Bill Takes Step Toward... by: Stephen A. Riga and Nonnie L. Shivers
- THE CAC ASSESSMENT COLLECTION – PART 1: What You Should Consider... by: Amigo L. Xie and Dan Wu
- U.S. Embassy in Havana to Resume Immigrant Visa Services by: David Alejandro Calles Smith
- USDA Receives Petition Requesting Amendment to Import for Personal... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Some Basics on Tips & Gratuities in California by: Shannon Bettis Nakabayashi
- Supreme Court Declines Review of Transgender Fire Chief’s... by: Dee Anna Hays and Zachary V. Zagger
- You Say Yes, I Say No: What the Recent State Cannabis Elections Say... by: Whitt Steineker and Mason Kruse
- The UAE Launches Unemployment Insurance Scheme by: Thomas Parkin and Nazanin Aleyaseen
- Former Muncie, Indiana, Police Officer Pleads Guilty to Eleven Civil... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- CFPB Investigates Crypto Lender by: Scott H. Kimpel
- Unpacking Averages: The Difference Between Data and the Truth:... by: Bradley Merrill Thompson
- Criminal Charges Unsealed Against 12 Individuals in Wide-Ranging... by: United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
- UNITED STATES: SEC Throws A Flag On the Red Flags Programs by: Jessica D. Cohn and Keri E. Riemer
- When Non-Voting Shares Must Approve A Reorganization by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Oregon, Colorado Declare Public Health Emergencies Triggering Leave... by: Ashley Prickett Cuttino and Sarah Jung Evans
- NNI Reports Its Impact on the U.S. Economy by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
Emerging Legal News
Russia & Ukraine Legal Updates
THE BUSINESS OF LAW
Federal Law News
The FTC is closing out 2022 with additional guidance for mobile health app developers signaling its continued interest in this industry. Since 2021, we have seen several steps from the agency demonstrating a focus on companies...
On December 1, the CFPB and a financial services company filed a stipulated proposed court...
Grants of permanent injunctions in U.S. district court patent litigation remain uncommon since the landmark decision in ...
The US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit weighed trademark rights against free speech considerations and found that the First Amendment protected use of an artistic work that was not deliberately misleading. MGFB...
A California man pleaded guilty today to conspiring with Peruvian-based call centers that defrauded Spanish-speaking United States residents by falsely threatening them with arrest, deportation, and other legal consequences....
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) continue to investigate and report recent food-related illnesses that have been...
On Friday, December 2, 2022, the...
As mentioned in July, FDA Commissioner Robert Califf commissioned an external evaluation of the FDA’s Human Foods Program (HFP...
In an effort to ease achieving compliance with its newly instituted Hospital Price Transparency Rule, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has recently published three sample formats on its website for...
Despite the past year's economic downturn, M&A transactions in the tech sector are still getting done. It might be at a different level than 2021, but deals are happening,...
US Department of Labor continues investigations at Packers Sanitation Services
LINCOLN, NE – A federal court in Nebraska today entered a consent order and judgment in...
State Law News
On December 6, 2022, the parties in the long-running litigation between now-defunct data analytics company hiQ Labs, Inc. (“hiQ”) and LinkedIn Corp. (“LinkedIn”) filed a ...
Effective January 1, 2023, California employers will be required to meet new minimum wage requirements, at both the state and local level. This increase in the minimum wage affects not only non-exempt employees, but also the...
If you have or want enforceable non-compete agreements with employees, read on.
Here’s a hypothetical: You are looking to hire a salesperson, and you find just the right person, John. Your company has...
The dust has settled on the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s (BOEM) first west coast auction for federal offshore wind lease areas. The California auction for the Morro Bay and Humboldt Call Areas brought an aggregate $757,...
On November 30, 2022, the Second District Appellate Court of Illinois reversed and remanded a grant of summary judgement in favor of defendant, J&M Plating, Inc., for alleged violation of the Illinois Biometric Information...
In a recent decision, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed dismissal of a medical provider’s complaint against a Medicare Advantage Organization (“MAO”) because the provider failed to exhaust all...
In Jackson v. Chem Carriers, LLC, the Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal reversed the trial court’s judgment and held (1) that a renovated barge was not a vessel in navigation and (2) that the plaintiff did not...
On November 17, the United States identified eight offshore wind energy areas (WEAs) off the Central Atlantic states of North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware. The proposed WEAs will cover approximately 1.7 million...
Oak Texas Bar LLC, Oak Texas Bar & Grill LLC paid servers, bartenders tips only
Employer name: Oak Texas Bar & Grill LLC...
In November 2020, Colorado voters approved a ballot initiative for a state-run paid family leave benefits program. Under Colorado’s Family and Medical Leave Insurance (“FAMLI”) program, employees and most...
INTERNATIONAL LAW NEWS
The proliferation of blockchain, cryptocurrency, and decentralized finance (DeFi) applications in recent years has...Read More >
In a decision on October 27, 2022, the European Court of Justice has clarified the operators’ obligations regarding...Read More >
On Monday this week the Government issued its response to its 2021 consultation on the flexible working regime. We...Read More >
Employers in Finland have a deadline of December 31, 2022, to double-check their pre-2022 employment contracts for...Read More >
U.S.-person personnel at Chinese chip manufacturers...
On 25 November, the High Court of England and Wales ruled in a significant decision that suspected proceeds of crime...Read More >