August 06, 2022
- 4 Surefire Ways to Build a Motivated Legal Team by: CRM News and Updates, Lawmatics
- Court Reversed Order Admitting a Will to Probate as a Muniment of... by: David Fowler Johnson
- Law Firm Specialization: Why It Matters by: Sarah Bottorff
- Court Construed a Will to Provide That Mineral Interests Were Devised... by: David Fowler Johnson
- Managing a Law Firm Sales Pipeline: An Attorney’s Guide by: CRM News and Updates, Lawmatics
- Tips to Prevent Litigation with Employment Contracts by: Aaron P. Benz
- Essential Recruiting Tips for Law Firms by: Sarah Bottorff
August 05, 2022
- 6 Marketing Rules Your Law Firm Can’t Afford to Break by: CRM News and Updates, Lawmatics
- Tribunal’s Rules on MFN Clause: Juxtaposed with CBDT’s Circular by: Vibhore Batwara and Arijit Ghosh
- Supreme Court’s Quick Fix for Backlog in Arbitral Appointments by... by: Shweta Sahu and Vyapak Desai
- How to Prevent & Resolve Client Billing Disputes by: CRM News and Updates, Lawmatics
- What New Attorneys Need to Know About Client Expectations by: CRM News and Updates, Lawmatics
- Special Situation Funds: An Attempt To Revolutionalize Stressed... by: Dibya Behera and Shivam Ahuja
- Offences Under The Copyright Act Are Cognizable And Non-bailable:... by: Shweta Sahu
- Email Marketing for Law Firms 101 by: Sarah Bottorff
- Mexico’s Ministry of the Interior Issues New Visa Requirement for... by: Pietro Straulino-Rodriguez
- What Employers Need to Know About Monkeypox by: Katharine C. Weber and Melanie L. Paul
- US Executive Branch Update – August 4, 2022 by: Stacy A. Swanson
- Beltway Buzz, August 5, 2022 by: James J. Plunkett
- CFPB’s Chopra Has Payments and Crypto In Focus by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- IRS Extends Retirement Plan Amendment Deadlines by: B. David Joffe
- Who Owns Memes? by: Benjamin D. Schwartz
- CFPB, DOJ Propose $22 Million Penalty Against Nonbank Mortgage Lender... by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- Fed Reports on Cybersecurity and Financial System Resilience by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- New York State Tacks on an Extra Year to Its Paid Vaccination Leave... by: Susan Gross Sholinsky and Steven M. Swirsky
- Seventh Circuit Affirms Dismissal of ERISA Stock-Drop Case by: Russell L Hirschhorn and Daniel B. Wesson
- Washington, DC, Aims to Ban Fossil Fuel in New Construction by: Sara A. McQuillen and J. Michael Showalter
- 4th Circuit: Borrower Must Return Loan Proceeds After Rescission... by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- Ninth Circuit Analyzes AB 5 in Class Action Ruling by: Peter Lawrence Loh and Kevin Jackson
- The Impact Of Missing The July 31, 2022, Deadline For Restating Pre-... by: Keith A. Dropkin
- Bipartisan Bill Introduced by Senate relating to Uyghur Human Rights... by: Ludmilla L. Kasulke
- DHS Released a Notice on the Addition of Entities to the UFLPA Entity... by: Sarah K. Rathke and Simon Garbett
- Jury Orders Eli Lilly To Pay $61 Million by: D. Jacques Smith and Randall A. Brater
- Investors Take Sink-or-Swim Approach to Struggling Crypto Startups by: Louis Lehot
- Section 18 "Eyeball Reliance" Claim Brought to the SPAC... by: Adam L. Sisitsky
- NO DO-OVERS FOR YOU: District Court in North Carolina Denies... by: Sean S. Kay
- Manchin Agrees to Expanded Reconciliation Deal by: Diane M. Morgenthaler and Sarah L. Engle
- CFPB Continues Efforts to Promote Competition in Financial Markets by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- Concerning Questions Raised by SEC Action Against Former Coinbase... by: Stephen A. Rutenberg and Daniel L. McAvoy
- Teamwork Can Sometimes Make the Dream Work: How to Properly Maintain... by: Payton R. Collier and Donalt J. Eglinton
- How to Implement Law Practice Management Software by: Nina Lee
- No Injury = No Article III Standing in Data Breach Class Action by: Amy Brown Doolittle
- Could the Crypto Downturn Lead to a Spike in M&A? by: Louis Lehot
- New Jersey Supreme Court Increases Jurisdictional Limits by: Melissa A. Volet
- NFT Art – Your Top 40 Legal Questions Answered by: Patrick D. Daugherty and John D. Lanza
- Proving Control of Your Business – Proposed Changes to Federal DBE... by: Danielle L. Dietrich
- Potential Legal Implications of Remote Work Policies by: Scott I. Unger
- New Jersey Enacts New Annual and Remote Worker Poster Requirements by: Mark Diana
- Jury Finds Credit Reporting Agency Was “Reasonable” in FCRA Case of... by: Kristin L. Bryan and James Brennan
- USDA Will Propose to Codify BioPreferred® Guidance by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- Vote To Dissolve LLC Defeats Buy-Out Option by: Keith Paul Bishop
- UK: Harpur Trust v Brazel and Holiday Pay by: Jonathan Maude and Rachel Easton
- All Things Chemical: The National Tribal Toxics Council — A... by: Lynn L. Bergeson
- Japan: Proposed Code of Conduct for ESG Evaluation and Data Providers by: Yuki Sako
- Deadline Set for Comments on Proposed Updates to FTC Endorsement... by: Sheila A. Millar and Tracy P. Marshall
- Monkeypox Outbreak Declared a Public Health Emergency by: Katherine Dudley Helms
August 04, 2022
- August 2022 Updates to Pennsylvania’s Overtime Rules for Salaried... by: Jennifer Betts and Rick L. Etter
- Massachusetts Becomes Latest State to Ban Discrimination Based on... by: Mark H. Burak and Laurielle Howe
- EU Commission Investigates Cartel Breach in Fashion Sector by: Cynthia Martens
- SEC Adds Twenty New Crypto Asset Enforcers by: Colleen E. McKnight and Patrick D. Daugherty
- Tim Hortons Wants to Settle Data Privacy Lawsuits with Free Breakfast by: Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Robinson Cole
- USCIS Extends COVID-19-Related Flexibilities and Makes Signature... by: Arash R. Bahar
- So You Want to Start a Business? 10 Legal Steps to Create a... by: Lee C. Hodge and Olivia G. Lewis
- DaNa Publishes Research Spotlight on Three-Stage Model for the... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- POTUS Issues Executive Order Directing Study of Digital Assets by: Patrick D. Daugherty and Jose A. Lazaro
- Yep, Incentive Awards Are Really Dead: En Banc Panel Denial–Issued... by: Eric J. Troutman
- California Bill Would Increase Strict Pay Data Reporting and Pay... by: Philip Person and Sharon Shaoulian
- Play that Funky Music up to 75 Decibels: Pennsylvania Updates Laws... by: Theodore J. Zeller III
- Cal/OSHA Standards Board’s COVID-19 ETS Proposal Provisions by: Karen Tynan and Ursula L. Clemons
- GT Newsletter | Competition Currents | August 2022 by: Greenberg Traurig's International Trade & Investment Practice
- Massachusetts Legislature Passes Bill to Legalize Sports Betting in... by: Katherine Guarino Baker and Malinda Reed
- HHS, DOL, and Treasury Give Employer-Sponsored Health Plans Another... by: Timothy J. Stanton and Jessica E. Kuester
- The How, When, and Why of Franchise Termination in New Jersey by: Marshall T. Kizner
- New York DFS Fines Robinhood $30M for “Significant” Cybersecurity... by: Linn F. Freedman
- FDA Launches LAAF Program Dashboard by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Anti-Vax Dating App Left Data Unprotected by: Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Robinson Cole
- Massachusetts Enacts CROWN Act, Prohibiting Discrimination Against... by: Samia M. Kirmani and Sarah B. Herlihy
- The EEOC Releases New COVID-19 Guidance – What Employers Should Know by: Abby M. Warren and Emily A. Zaklukiewicz
- Remote ID Ruling For FAA in RaceDayQuads Suit by: Kathryn M. Rattigan
- Beyond a Reasonable DAOubt: Tennessee's Limited Liability... by: Matthew S. Miller and Spencer Green
- Privacy Tip #339 – Scammers Take Advantage of Disaster Victims by: Linn F. Freedman
- Senate Bill Defines Bitcoin, Ether as Digital Commodities to be... by: Edmund P. Daley
- Second Circuit Limits Scope of SEC Whistleblower Incentives by: Jeff Kern and Christopher J. Bosch
- Navigating the Supply Chain Crisis by: Risk Management Magazine
- Argument Forfeit in Remand Notwithstanding Modified Claim Construction by: Timothy M. Dunker
- Postponement in the Massachusetts Patients First Act Penalties by: Lawrence W. Vernaglia and Alexandra B. Shalom
- Seeing Starz: No Damages Bar in Copyright Discovery Rule Case by: Jodi Benassi
- Holdover Trademark Licensee Status Can’t Do Heavy Lifting on “... by: Brennen Baylor
- Claim Construction Error Fuels Remand by: Colin J. Stalter
- A Summary of Inflation Reduction IRA’s Main Tax Proposals by: David S Miller and Amanda H Nussbaum
- Owner’s Outlook: Renovating and Expanding Critical Access Hospitals... by: Christopher (Chris) S. Dunn
- Medicare CERT Audits and How to Prepare for Them by: Dr. Nick Oberheiden
- Fee Award Appropriate for Trying to Refresh and Replay Case by: Katherine Pappas
Emerging Legal News
Russia & Ukraine Legal Updates
THE BUSINESS OF LAW
Federal Law News
Recently, the Federal Reserve Board (Fed) published its annual Cybersecurity and Financial System Resilience...
Since the Supreme Court’s ruling in Fifth Third Bancorp v. Dudenhoeffer, courts around the country have overwhelmingly rejected ERISA fiduciary-breach claims by 401(k) plan participants seeking relief related to...
Recently, the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit held that a mortgage servicer’s failure to provide a required disclosure informing borrowers of their three-day right to rescind the loan under the Truth in...
For the many employers that use a pre-approved 401(k) plan (or another type of defined contribution plan), the deadline to execute a restatement of the plan was July 31, 2022. An employer that missed the deadline will need to...
As my Mintz colleague, Peter Saparoff, suggested a few years back, Section 18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, "while...
On July 11, CFPB Director Rohit Chopra drafted a blog post detailing the Bureau’s efforts to comply with President...
As we have discussed here at CPW, one of the biggest challenges facing a plaintiff in a data breach class action is to establish an injury from the alleged data breach. Earlier this week, in David De Midicis v. Ally Bank...
Last month, a Florida federal jury found in favor of a credit reporting agency (“CRA”) in a trial centering on whether the CRA took “reasonable” steps to assure the accuracy of a consumer’s credit report after a consumer...
State Law News
In Prather v. Callon Petroleum Operating Co., the court of appeals resolved a will construction issue that determined who owned certain mineral interests. No. 11-20-00189-CV, 2022 Tex. App. LEXIS 3200 (Tex. App.—Eastland May 12, 2022, no...
Back in March 2021, when it wasn’t easy for many people to get an appointment for an inoculation against COVID-19, New York State created ...
Happy Friday TCPA World. Today we have an interesting decision coming out of the Eastern District of North Carolina, titled Silva...
Parties to a lawsuit often find themselves on the "same side of the courtroom" as other entities or individuals. In these instances, where a party is one of multiple (or many) co-plaintiffs or co-defendants, it is often...
Effective July 1, 2022, the New Jersey Supreme Court has increased the jurisdictional limits in civil courts. The New Jersey Special Civil Part jurisdictional limit has increased from $15,000 to $20,000. The jurisdictional...
Earlier this year, the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights (DCR) issued proposed regulations to...
The California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act provides procedures for both voluntary and judicial dissolution. When a member or members of a California limited liability company files an action for its judicial...
On August 5, 2022, new Pennsylvania state wage-and-hour regulations for tipped and salaried nonexempt workers under the Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act (PMWA) go into effect. This article focuses exclusively on the new rules for...
On July 26, 2022, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker signed into law “An Act Prohibiting Discrimination Based on Natural and Protective Hairstyles,” also known as the...
Will it soon be time for California employers to collect and report more pay data? If Senate Bill 1162 (...
INTERNATIONAL LAW NEWS
Recently, the Pune bench of Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (“Tribunal”) has ruled in favour of GRI Renewable...Read More >
While hearing the special leave petition in Shree Vishnu Constructions (“Appellant”) v. The Engineering in Chief,...Read More >
The financial system of India has over the years been plagued by stressed assets thereby propelling the requirement...Read More >
The categorization of offences under a statute as cognizable/non-cognizable and bailable/non-bailable as per the Code...Read More >
Mexico’s Ministry of the Interior (Secretaría de Gobernación) has determined that all Brazilian nationals...Read More >
On August 4, 2022, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), as the Chair of the Forced Labor Enforcement Task...Read More >
On 12 July 2022, as widely anticipated, the Financial Services Agency of Japan (“FSA”) proposed “...Read More >