October 26, 2021
- Saddling Up With Dual Agents by: Vanessa Palacio
- IRS Lifts Barriers to Help Address Labor Shortage Due to COVID-19 by: Stephanie A. Smithey
- How “Rule of Law” Foreign Aid Helps Big Business But Burns Consumers... by: Tycko & Zavareei Whistleblower Practice Group
- EEOC Issues Additional Guidance on Religious Objections to COVID-19... by: Evandro C Gigante and Alex S. Downie
- Foley Weekly Automotive Report: October 26 by: John R. Trentacosta and Ann Marie Uetz
- Halloween Safety Tips by: Clifford Law
- Court Denies Class Certification in Illinois Oil Spill Case by: Christopher Y. Eddy and James P. Ray
- CFTC Awards Largest-Ever Payout to Whistleblower who Assisted with... by: Eva Gunasekera and Renée Brooker
- Reuse It and Lose It: California Imposes New Recycling Labeling... by: Robert M. Smith and Melissa M. Malstrom
- “Safer Beauty” Bill Package Targets PFAS, Phthalates, Formaldehyde,... by: Alexandra B. Cunningham and Elizabeth Reese
- GenX PFAS Toxicity Assessment By EPA – Are Businesses At Risk? by: John Gardella
- FDA Calls for Repeating Clinical and Bioanalytical Studies by: Devaki Patel and Kyle Y. Faget
- Zhejiang, China Fines Hangzhou Patent Firm for Not Withdrawing 164... by: Aaron Wininger
- Polish FDI Rules – One Year After by: Marcin S. Wnukowski and Oliver Geiss
- COVID-19 Vaccination Religious Exemption Requests: 5 Key Takeaways... by: Katherine Dudley Helms and Andrew L. Metcalf
- DFPI Issues Cryptic Cryptocurrency Warning by: Keith Paul Bishop
October 25, 2021
- Telecom Alert: 4.9 GHz Free Partially Lifted; NASNA Petition for... by: Gregory E. Kunkle and Wesley K. Wright
- Texas’ Third Special Legislative Session Ends Without Any Expansion... by: Jason T. Weber and Melanie E. Uremovich
- Senate Judiciary Committee Debates Amendments Designed to Protect the... by: Stephen M. Kohn
- U.S. District Court for The Northern District of California Vacates... by: Michael F. McBride and Michael A. Swiger
- Weekly Bankruptcy Alert - For the Week Ending October 24, 2021 by: Business Practice Group Pierce Atwood
- SEC Awards Over $1.5 Million to Joint Whistleblowers by: Mary Jane Wilmoth
- EPA Proposes Further Extension of Compliance Dates for PIP (3:1)-... by: Government Regulation
- Think Twice Before Using These Contractual Shortcuts To Address... by: Jeffrey J. White
- New Report Highlights Need for Coordinated and Consistent U.S. Policy... by: Jane E. Montgomery
- Chancery Court Reaffirms Application of Business Judgment Rule from M... by: Michael E. Waller
- Do the Personal Representatives Get First Dibs on the Good Stuff? by: Robert H. Brunson
- EEOC Updates Its Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccines Ahead of OSHA’s... by: Katelynn M. Williams
- LONG WAY TO GO FOR A GOOSE EGG: 8 Years and 100 Declarations Later,... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Mitigating Supply Chain Cyber Risk by: Anjali C. Das and Kevin Normandeau
- EPA OIG Will Evaluate Process for Changes Made to Final SNUR for... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- Financial Stability Oversight Council Issues Key Report Declaring... by: Jason M. Halper and Daniel Meade
- Global Carbon Markets: What’s Next? by: Samuel L. Brown
- CFPB to Tech Companies: Submit Payment System Information by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- A Simplified Guide to SEO for Law Firms by: Sarah Bottorff
- CFPB, DOJ and OCC Take Action Against National Bank for Alleged... by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- Offshore Wind Development May Get a Boost from Massachusetts by: David L. O'Connor
- First CFPB Enforcement Action Under New Director: $6 Million Fine... by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- On Her Shoulders, Episode 12 - Interview with Gloria Feldt [PODCAST] by: Corinne Smith
- NYDFS Issues Proposed Rules to Implement New Commercial Financing... by: Moorari Shah and A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- CFTC Whistleblower Reward Program: What Violations Qualify for an... by: Jason Zuckerman and Matthew Stock
- Energy & Sustainability M&A Activity — October 2021 by: Thomas R. Burton, III and Sahir Surmeli
- Automation and Logistics: Real Estate Considerations by: Jimmy Bui
- Lending Money to a Friend, You Lose Both the Friend and the Money by: Keith Poston
- TCPAWorld After Death: Certified TCPA Class Action Lives On Despite... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Transatlantic Trade | US and Europe – Week of October 18, 2021 by: Stacy A. Swanson and Christina Economides
- Fight Against Robocalls Is Coming for Telemarketing Text Messages by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- New Details on China’s Overseas Food Facility Registration by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- AB-45: California Finally Welcomes Hemp Products To The Marketplace by: Sarah A. K. Blitz
- Cal/OSHA Proposes to Expand COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards... by: Sean Paisan and Sierra Vierra
October 24, 2021
- EPA Seeks Input on Proposed PFAS National Primary Drinking Water... by: EPA
- Investigation of Deadly Trench Collapse Finds Colorado Company... by: U.S. Department of Labor
- Dulles CBP Officers Seize more than $1 Million in Counterfeit... by: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Department of Homeland Security
- CBP Issues Withhold Release Order on Tomatoes Produced by Farm in... by: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Department of Homeland Security
Emerging Legal News
THE BUSINESS OF LAW
Federal Law News
On October 5, 2021, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois denied the plaintiffs’ Motion for Class Certification in Morr v. Plains All American Pipeline, LLC 2021 WL 4478660 (S.D....
Recently, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) notified several pharmaceutical companies that they must repeat their clinical and bioanalytical studies conducted by Synchron Research Services (Synchron) or Panexcell...
FCC Partially Lifts 4.9 GHz Freeze
The FCC issued a Public Notice last week modifying the temporary filing freeze on the...
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced on October 21, 2021, that it is proposing...
“Climate change is an emerging threat to the financial stability of the United States.” So begins a recently issued Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC) ...
I often marvel that Plaintiff’s lawyers are commonly granted loadstar multipliers in seeking attorney’s fees based upon the complexity of a case.
I mean, sure, the work I did was only worth $_____ on...
According to an October 25, 2021, project notification memorandum, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)...
Events such as the COVID-19 pandemic, extreme weather events, and labor shortages have created significant supply chain challenges for retailers. In addition, the demand for more productive internet sales fulfillment centers...
WASHINGTON (Oct. 19, 2021) -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is inviting small entities, including qualifying businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and local governments, to...
The battle concerning California’s Assembly Bill (AB) No. 51—the law seeking effectively to ban mandatory employment arbitration in California—continues to rage.
On October 20, 2021, the U.S. Chamber...
In considering the vaccination versus testing issue, it is worth reviewing a recent decision by the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit affirming a district court decision denying a preliminary injunction of a rule...
State Law News
On 5 October 2021, California ...
Covering reported business bankruptcy filings in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island, and Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings in New York and Delaware listing assets of more than $1 million...
Earlier this October, the South Carolina Supreme Court held oral arguments in Bennett v. Felder, a case in which the Court granted a Petition for Writ of Certiorari to review a decision of the Court of Appeals...
On October 13th, Gov. Charlie Baker filed legislation that would significantly enhance the support provided by Massachusetts for the...
On October 20, the New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) issued proposed rules under New York’s...
In the case of In re Ricky L. Moore (19-01228), the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Iowa taught an important lesson in the context of Chapter 12 bankruptcy cases: do not rely...
So here’s a quick “litigation from beyond the grave” story for Halloween week.
A class action was certified against a company selling solar products back in 2017.
OSHA cites Dunaway Excavating Inc. for four violations; proposes $208K in penalties
DENVER – A federal workplace safety investigation that followed a deadly trench collapse in...
In Moore v. Estate of Moore, a decedent’s wife claimed that she had an interest in an oil and gas lease formerly owned by her deceased husband. No. 07-20-00019-CV, 2021 Tex. App. LEXIS 6142 (Tex. App.—Amarillo July 30...
In Peek v. Mayfield, a beneficiary sued a trustee for breach of fiduciary duty. No. 02-20-00107-CV, 2021 Tex. App. LEXIS 6080 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth July 29, 2021, no pet.). After a bench trial, the district court found...
INTERNATIONAL LAW NEWS
Officials from the United States (US) were in Europe this week, discussing trade matters, including the Section 232...Read More >
In the spring of 2021, China published the Chinese General Administration of Customs (GAC) Decree 248 – ...
STERLING, Va. – Shipments with a voluminous amount of counterfeit consumer goods are usually...Read More >
On 8 October 2021, the OECD released a further statement in relation to the BEPS 2.0 proposals, aimed at addressing...Read More >
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) recently published its ...Read More >
Instructions allowing Hong Kong Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) beneficiaries to apply for employment authorization...Read More >