July 26, 2021
- Episode 16: Community Health Centers: Issues Facing FQHCs Today [... by: Adam J. Hepworth
- Second Circuit Follows Other Recent Circuit Opinions Re: Private... by: Keith S. Anderson and Alexandra Dugan
- How to Plan a Summer Vacation as a Lawyer by: Practice Panther Blog
- Impact of President Biden's Tax Plan on Estate Planning by: Jeffrey M. Glogower and Stephen J. Bahr
- A Practical Guide to Claiming the COBRA Premium Assistance Tax Credit by: Paul M Hamburger and Jennifer Rigterink
- Updated Generic HACCP Model for Beef Slaughter by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- FTC Announces Increased Support for “Right to Repair” by: Grant H. Cokeley
- Weekly IRS Roundup July 19 – July 23, 2021 by: Le Chen
- U.S. And The EU Suspend Airbus, Boeing Tariffs by: David M. Spooner and Linda M. Weinberg
- Unprofessional and Unnecessary: TCPA Defendant’s Rush to Seek... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Stay In or Get Out? Employers Should Evaluate Their Options Under the... by: Morris L. Hawk
- Information Blocking and HIPAA’s Right to Access – Is Your Practice... by: Joseph J. Lazzarotti
- The IRS Adds Helpful New Features to Its Correction Program by: Craig A. Day and Kellie M. Thomas
- Ethylene Oxide: The Litigation Risks and Regulatory Issues Ahead by: David A. Fusco and Joseph F. Lagrotteria
- Plead the Fifth?: New Decision Underscores Why Potential Criminal... by: Eric J. Troutman
- New Connecticut Law Expands Authority of DDS to Consent to Emergency... by: Nathaniel T. Arden and Michael G. Lisitano
- Senate Confirms Biden Nominee Jennifer Abruzzo as NLRB General... by: Steven M. Swirsky and Christopher Shur
- DOL Plan Audits Updated to Include Several Questions About Compliance... by: Joseph J. Lazzarotti
- Australia’s Greatest Liability: Parodic Fair Use or Copyright... by: Chris Round and Talia Le Couteur Scott
- Why The Term Of "Debt Securities" Matters by: Keith Paul Bishop
July 24, 2021
July 23, 2021
- SEC Raises Qualified Client Net Worth And Assets Under Management... by: Scott L. Beal and Maria K. Monte
- Indiana District Court Denies Students’ Challenge to Indiana... by: Jenifer M. Bologna and Susan D. Friedfel
- Biden Executive Order Aims To Fight Off Government, Private Sector... by: Sahara Williams, P.E. and Brian J. McGinnis
- California Adds To List Of States Allowing State And Local Tax Cap... by: Stanley Heyman
- More Money, More Problems: Top Legal Issues Facing Real Estate Fund... by: Matthew J. Ertman and Max Brunner
- DOL Issues Proposed Rule on Raising Minimum Wage to $15 per Hour for... by: Guy Brenner and Abigail Rosenblum
- Non-Compete Agreements Stifle Wages, Biden Seeks to Hasten Their... by: Jennifer M. Oliver and Dan Mogin
- Beltway Buzz, July 23, 2021 by: James J. Plunkett
- Careful of Who Owns Photographs of You by: David H. Siegel
- ICYMI: Recent Chemical and PFAS Agency Activities by: Nancy B. Beck, PhD, DABT
- What We’re Reading - July 23, 2021 by: Cynthia J. Larose
- The 8 Best Legal Podcasts Lawyers Should Listen To by: Practice Panther Blog
- Immigration Weekly Round-Up: New DACA Applications Halted, With Biden... by: William C. Menard
- A Growing Number of California Counties, Including Los Angeles and... by: Jennifer L. Nutter and Scarlett L. Freeman
- "Functional Equivalent of a Discharge" Comes Full Circle:... by: Meghan E. Smith and Stanley A. Millan
- McDermottPlus Check-Up: July 23, 2021 by: Aaron N. Badida and Mara McDermott
- Clean Energy’s Messy Problem: The Solar Industry, the U.S. Government... by: Reid Whitten and Julien Blanquart
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) published the Pathogen Reduction/... Read More >
As of Aug. 16, 2021, the SEC has raised the “qualified client” net worth... Read More >
Emerging Legal News
THE BUSINESS OF LAW
Federal Law News
In this episode, Foley Senior Counsel Adam Hepworth talks with Trent Stechschulte of Equitas Health to talk about current hot issues related to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs).
On July 21, 2021, the Federal Trade Commission announced increased scrutiny on...
When I was on stage at the Palooza last week I reminded everyone that a violation of the TCPA can lead to criminal penalties.
Folks seemed a bit confused because the...
A critical reason for the success of the SEC whistleblower program is the SEC’s adoption and enforcement of a ...
For renewable energy facilities that began construction in 2016 through 2019, IRS Notice 2021-41 provides for a 6-year Continuity Safe Harbor
For renewable energy facilities that began...
On July 21, 2021, the Department of Labor (“DOL”) announced a ...
New DACA Ruling Suspends New Applications; Biden Vows to Appeal Decision
In a lengthy opinion, United States District Court Judge Andrew Hanen ruled that Deferred Action for...
About 16 months after SCOTUS handed down its opinion that discharges that travel through groundwater before reaching navigable waters may require Clean Water Act permits if the end result is the “functional equivalent of a...
This is the first of three articles on the Solar Industry and Forced Labor. Here we focus on regulation. Articles in the coming weeks will focus on issues facing importers and their suppliers, and on investors and their...
State Law News
On July 7, 2021 Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont signed into law Public Act 21-135 (the “Act”). The Act, among other things, makes a revision to the Department of...
The California General Corporation Law defines three types of "reorganizations" - a merger reorganization, an exchange reorganization, and a sale-of-assets reorganization. Cal. Corp. Code § 181. A "sale-of-assets reorganization" is defined as...
Does your company use fingerprinting or some facial recognition scanner as part of its clock-in, clock-out process? If your company has facilities or even some contacts with Illinois (and maybe other states in the future) you...
Hundreds of colleges and universities across the country, both public and private, have issued policies requiring students be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start of the fall semester. In the first court case to...
Counties across California are making a detour on the road to easing COVID-19 restrictions.
Los Angeles County
On July 16, 2021, Los Angeles County issued...
The Louisiana Legislature, with Governor Edwards’ approval, finally passed an environmental audit privilege law. It has been decades in coming. Public interest organizations have been fearful that industry would hide violations...
In a decision that seems like to be reviewed by the California Supreme Court or rejected by other California Courts of Appeal, one of California’s appellate courts has issued a perplexing decision holding that even employees...
The California Attorney General (“AG”) recently released a summary of enforcement actions the agency brought against companies in...
INTERNATIONAL LAW NEWS
Whether it be Liberty Oilfield Services launching the critical “Thank You North Face” USA campaign calling out The North Face’s...Read More >
Two new developments relating to Swiss arbitration have occurred, effective 1 June 2021. First, the Swiss Chambers’...Read More >
So urteilte das BAG in einer – bislang noch nicht vorliegenden – Entscheidung vom 22. Juli 2021 (Az. 2 AZR 578/20 u.a...Read More >
On 10 June 2021, the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress reviewed and approved the Anti-Foreign Sanctions Law (the AFSL...Read More >
During the pandemic, Mexico’s federal government has used a four-tiered biweekly traffic light ...Read More >
On 19 July 2021, so-called “freedom day”, England moved onto Step 4 of its...Read More >
The significant majority of countries constituting the 131...Read More >