August 17, 2022
- Lawyer Time Tracking Tips to Boost Efficiency by: Bill4Time
- Wine Labelling: A New EU Regulation Is Coming Into Force in 2023 by: Judith E. Rinearson and Serena Totino
- Influencers and Digital Advertising by: Claude-Étienne Armingaud
- Hearing Aids: More Accessible to Consumers After FDA Issues Final Rule by: Devaki Patel and Kyle Y. Faget
- CFPB Warns Insufficient Data Security Measures May Violate Consumer... by: Benjamin M. Saul and Kevin M. Scott
- The AIA Releases Sworn Construction Statements, Lien Waiver and... by: Choity R. Khan
- The Inflation Reduction Act – Key Tax Considerations by: Pallav Raghuvanshi and Robert D. Simon
- U.S. Sanctions on Russia and Belarus Impose Trade and Investment... by: Jeffrey Orenstein and Steven F. Hill
- Net-Zero by 2050? Massachusetts Passes New Climate & Clean Energy... by: Brook J. Detterman and Lauren M. Karam
- Update: President Biden Signs Historic Legislation Providing... by: Anne S. Levin-Nussbaum
- CNIL Proposes 60 Million Euros Fine Against French AdTech Company For... by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Important Update for Health Care Providers Regarding in Re Blue Cross... by: Allen R. Bachman and Derek W. Kelley
- Changes to Decertification Process? Proposed Changes to Federal DBE... by: Danielle L. Dietrich
- Warning to All U.S. Taxpayers Who Use Cryptocurrency: “Crypto” Doesn’... by: Thomas F. Carlucci and Elizabeth P. Nevle
- GT Legal Food Talk Episode 17: Setting the Table: Greenberg Traurig... by: Justin J. Prochnow and Riley Lagesen
- Employment Law This Week: Enforcement Risk Post-Roe, 11th State... by: Sarah M. Hall and Elena M. Quattrone
- Concerns with the Smart Contract Model by: Durdana Karim
- California Poised to Expand Pay Transparency, Reporting Obligations by: Christopher T. Patrick and Jacklin Rad
- Please Remain Standing: 11th Circuit Rejects $35 Million GoDaddy... by: Christina M. Kennedy and Caroline M. Poor
- Two Recent Health and Welfare Cases Provide Important ERISA Reminders by: Michael H. Woolever
- It’s Official: President Biden Signs the Inflation Reduction Act into... by: Andrew R. Roberson and Kevin Spencer
- QUINSTREET TAKES THE WIN: California Court Grants Motion to Compel... by: Brittany A. Andres
- U.S. FTC Commissioner Phillips to Resign This Autumn by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- 401(k) Compliance Check #8: Amending Your 401(k) Plan Document on Time by: Stephen J. Gilles and Kathleen Dreyfus Bardunias
- China: Recycled Packaging and Trademark Infringement, a Questionable... by: Paolo Beconcini
- The Seventh Circuit Clarifies the Role Rejection of Settlement Offers... by: Lucas Kowalczyk
- Georgia PFAS Lawsuits Update by: John Gardella
- Virtual Meetings for Nonprofit Corporations: During the Post COVID-19... by: Matthew A. Jones and Steven B. Long
- CERCLA PFAS Designation Major Step Forward by: John Gardella
- If You Filed This Notice Of Exemption With The DFPI, You Have Filed... by: Keith Paul Bishop
- CDC Eliminates Quarantine Requirements for COVID-19 Exposure by: Nancy Gunzenhauser Popper and Susan Gross Sholinsky
- Whole Foods Rice Pilaf Slack Fill Lawsuit Dismissed by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- PFAS Reporting Obligation For Companies Poised To Broaden by: John Gardella
August 16, 2022
- US Executive Branch Update – August 16, 2022 by: Stacy A. Swanson
- NASEM Recommends That EPA Conduct Ecological Risk Assessment of UV... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- President Biden Signs Inflation Reduction Act – What This Will Mean... by: Matthew A. Hinshaw and Christopher A. Bowles
- Key Tax Changes Impacting Businesses in the New Inflation Reduction... by: Evgeny Magidenko
- OMB Completes Review of Proposed Rule to Designate PFOA and PFOS as... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- US Executive Branch Update – August 15, 2022 by: Stacy A. Swanson
- Inflation Reduction Act Signed Into Law, Committing $370 Billion to... by: James M. Auslander and Eric L. Christensen
- House Passes Inflation Reduction Act – What This Will Mean for Clean... by: Matthew A. Hinshaw and Christopher A. Bowles
- How to Best Connect Trial Evidence and Witness Testimony to Case... by: IMS Consulting & Expert Services
- Get with the Spirit: 6th Circuit Tutorial on Context-Specific... by: Jeffrey D. Mamorsky and Jonathan L. Sulds
- With IRS Partnership Audits Ramping Up, Will More States Enact the... by: Bruce P. Ely and William T. Thistle, II
- The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022: Medicare Drug Pricing Provisions... by: Jennifer F. Walsh and Kate M. Kros
- CMS Recommends Cost Savings Be Passed Along to Medicare Part B... by: McDermott Will & Emery
- President Biden Signs Inflation Reduction Act into Law by: David S Miller and Stuart L Rosow
- Michigan Court Stays Minimum Wage Increase and Sick Pay Change until... by: Chelsea Hadaway
- Build and Maintain an ADA-Compliant Law Firm Website by: CRM News and Updates, Lawmatics
- 5 Must Read Books for Every Lawyer by: PracticePanther
- B.S.ing with Eli Albrecht [PODCAST] by: Major, Lindsey & Africa
- Huge Win for Refined Coal: DC Appeals Court Permits Tax Credits by: Andrew R. Roberson and Kevin Spencer
- FTC Sues Importer of LED Bulbs and COVID-19 PPE for “Made in USA”... by: Phyllis H. Marcus
- Recent Federal Developments - August 2022 by: B&C® Biobased and Sustainable Chemicals Practice Group Bergeson & Campbell, P.C.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Direct Collection of Borrower Information... by: Christy W. Hancock and Jonathan R. Kolodziej
- Weekly Bankruptcy Alert: August 16, 2022 by: Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- How to Use LinkedIn as Your Blog by: Stefanie M. Marrone
- Blockchain Meets Morrison: Court Rejects Blockchain Class Settlement... by: Jonathan E Richman
- The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022: Key Health Care Provisions by: Nancy E. Taylor and Tess Dillon Meyer
- Yes, the CFPB Is Now Regulating Digital Marketers—and That’s Just as... by: TCPA Practice Group
- Connecticut’s Pandemic “Hero Pay” Program Goes Into Effect by: Tanya A. Bovée and Jessica L. Murphy
- On the Attack: FDA Pursues Online Retail Fulfillment House by: Devaki Patel and Kyle Y. Faget
- E-cigs & E-discovery: When Marriage Cannot Save Sloppy Document... by: Yena Hong
- Employment Dos and Don’ts When Implementing Workforce Reductions by: Felicia S. O'Connor
- Washington State Adopts Emergency Heat and Wildfire Rules by: Sean Paisan and Sherry L. Talton
- Fuel Prices in 2022: The Factors that Matter by: Peter Lawrence Loh
- Suspended PGA Tour Members File Suit Against PGA Tour by: Richard L. Brand and Thomas R. Castiello
- CDC Adjusts Direction on Exposure Quarantine Requirements for... by: John A. Rubin and Robert J. Simandl
- California Greenhouse Gas Emissions Bill Moves Forward by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Supreme Court Denies Coinbase’s Motion to Stay, Allowing Consumers to... by: Appellate Practice Group
- Did We Hear That Right? NLRB Holds Discipline for ‘Whore Board’... by: John W. Hargrove and Anne R. Yuengert
- California Supreme Court Accepts Invitation to Weigh In on Employment... by: Mia Farber and Scott P. Jang
- Litigation Minute: When The Federal No Surprises Act's Dispute... by: Gary S. Qualls
- Relief Arrives for Renewable Energy Industry - Inflation Reduction... by: Kris J. Eimicke and Merrill Kramer
- Pediatric Head Injury and Bicycles by: Domenic B. Sanginiti, Jr.
- Nursing Home Whistleblowers are the Canaries in the Coal Mine: $5.5... by: Eva Gunasekera and Renée Brooker
- Lawsuit Alleges Plant Butter Deceptively Labeled by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
August 15, 2022
- Massachusetts Governor Signs Law Encouraging Energy Storage and... by: Andrew O. Kaplan and James M. Avery
- Addiction and Substance Abuse in a Post-COVID Era: Navigating Stormy... by: John L Litchfield
- Proposed Amendments to NY Financial Services Cybersecurity... by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Perfect Attendance Awards: How to Navigate Them Perfectly by: Jeffrey S. Kopp
- City of Los Angeles Publishes Regulations and Model Notices for Hotel... by: Jack Schaedel
- The UK National Security and Investment Act: Key Implications for the... by: Darren Spalding and Nicholas Neuberger
- The Department of Justice Announces that It Intends to Publish... by: Robert T. Quackenboss and Jason P. Brown
- ISPs and Anonymous Users Rejoice: DMCA 512(h) Subpoena Subjected to... by: Joseph Grasser and Shyloah Daniel
- Energy Investment Front and Center in the IRA by: Samuel A. Rasche and Jane E. Montgomery
- New York Provides Tax Credit for Video Game Production by: Glenn Newman
- NY Federal Court Rules Insurer Must Cover Policyholder’s Landlords... by: Scott P. DeVries and Janine A. Hanrahan
- Telecom Alert: 5.9 GHz Band Order Upheld; $146M in Tribal Broadband... by: Jaimy "Sindy" Alarcon and Jim Baller
- FCA Enforcement: Eighth Circuit Requires But-For Causation for Anti-... by: Lisa M. Noller and Jessica E. Joseph
- The Inflation Reduction Act: A Tax Overview by: Christie R. Galinski and Loren M. Opper
- CDC Shifts Approach and Loosens COVID-19 Quarantine Recommendations,... by: Corbin Carter and Michael S. Arnold
- UK Regulators Crack Down on ‘Greenwashing’ by: Carlton Daniel
- Circuit Panel Invites Full Court to Reconsider Title VII ‘Ultimate... by: Charles T. Jeremiah
- The Right Way to Sell Your Services on LinkedIn [VIDEO] by: Stefanie M. Marrone
- Weekly IRS Roundup August 8 – August 12, 2022 by: Sarah M. Raben
- SEC and CFTC Propose Digital Asset Reporting on Form PF by: Scott H. Kimpel
- Strategies for Manufacturers Who Wish to Exit Distribution Agreements... by: Manufacturing Law Blog
- The NLRB’s Busy July – A Harbinger of Future Coordinated Federal... by: Evan M. Piercey and Tinny T. Song
- Impaired Brilliance: SEC and US Attorney Sue Veteran Investor for... by: Peter D. Hutcheon
- Greenwashing Lawsuits Against Major Oil and Gas Companies Are Getting... by: Rebecca L. Jordan and Katherine M. Harrington
- New York Becomes First State to Require CLE in Cybersecurity, Privacy... by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- TCPA MORASSE: Pelican and Gustav Renny Stuck in Another Case... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Release of Paper-Based Version of FDA’s Agricultural Water Assessment... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- FTC Planning to Establish Privacy & Data Security Laws by: Peter Vogel
- Proactive Tips for Businesses Facing Hail Damage Claims by: Risk Management Magazine
- How A Corporation Can Become Religious Without Converting by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Broker-Dealer Proprietary Trading Groups: FINRA May Be In Your Future by: James M. Brady and Susan Light
For health care providers offering items and... Read More >
Emerging Legal News
Russia & Ukraine Legal Updates
THE BUSINESS OF LAW
Federal Law News
Many people experience hearing loss and related hearing issues. To date, to get a hearing aid, people needed a prescription and to see a licensed hearing aid specialist in order...
On Aug. 11, 2022, the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) issued ...
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Contract Documents program recently released a limited number of state-specific Sworn Construction Statements and Lien Waiver and Release forms for use on construction projects. At the...
On Aug. 16, 2022, President Biden signed into law the ...
Preliminary Note: The U.S. Department of Transportation recently released a long-awaited Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to modernize the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program regulations. This blog is part of...
Class actions for money damages that involve class members who do not have Article III standing in the Eleventh Circuit are improper even if such members would have standing in...
The Seventh Circuit recently clarified an important distinction between offers of judgment under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 68 and non-Rule 68 offers of settlement, and explained the role rejection of such offers plays in...
On August 16, a federal judge for the Northern District of Illinois granted Whole Foods Market’s (WFM) motion to dismiss a proposed class action...
On August 16, 2022, President Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) into law. The IRA includes a host of programs aimed at addressing climate change and energy production. These include, for example, major new or...
State Law News
On August 11, 2022, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker signed a significant new climate bill, “An Act driving clean energy and offshore wind” into law....
A bill to increase pay transparency in California steps closer to becoming law.
Senate Bill 1162,...
Section 25102.5 of the California Corporations Code exempts from the issuer qualification requirement of the Corporate Securities Law of 1968 a "transaction" that is the sale of: (i) a series of notes secured directly by an...
Pursuant to two voter initiatives, Michigan has a new minimum wage of $12 per hour, as well as a requirement that employees be provided up to 72 hours of paid sick leave – but those changes will not go into effect until...
Private-sector essential employees who worked in Connecticut during the pandemic may receive up to $1,000 in premium pay (i.e., “hero pay”), through a $30 million fund established under the state budget approved by the...
This summer is shaping out to be another scorcher and Washington State employers should know about the Department of Labor & Industries (“LNI”) new emergency requirements for heat and smoke protections for outdoor employees...
As the current California legislative biennium enters its closing weeks, SB 260 (Wiener & Stern) is moving forward despite strong opposition from business groups. As has been previously noted in this ...
On June 15, 2022, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Viking River Cruises, Inc. v. Moriana that...
On August 11, 2022, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker signed into law ...
INTERNATIONAL LAW NEWS
The EU reform of Common Agricultural Policy (the CAP), published on 6 December 2021, will enter into force on 1...Read More >
The war led to a rapid response from governments, who imposed sanctions that have had a significant impact on...Read More >
On August 5, 2022, French AdTech company Criteo announced that it had received a report from the French Data...Read More >
Back in 2020, the famous Chinese brew company Tsingtao Beer filed an administrative complaint for trademark...Read More >