June 25, 2022
- U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration... by: Jesse S. Reyes and Lisa Rushton
- Resolved Amendment of the Proof Act Germany by: Dr. Thomas Gennert and Laureen Risse
- Sick Leave for All New Mexico Employees Begins July 1: What Employers... by: Danny W. Jarrett and Melina Valladares
June 24, 2022
- Senate Committee Holds Hearing on Implementation of TSCA Amendments by: TCSA Blog at Bergeson Campbell
- Sixth Circuit Opinion Reversed in Marietta Memorial Hospital Employee... by: Litigation Group Squire Patton Boggs
- Beltway Buzz, June 24, 2022 by: James J. Plunkett
- Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization: What Does This Mean for... by: Traci L. Martinez
- Preparing Corporate Messaging in the Wake of Dobbs by: M. Carter DeLorme and Frank C. Morris, JR
- Dobbs Overrules Roe v. Wade: SCOTUS Today by: Stuart M. Gerson
- IRS Issues FAQs on Superfund Excise Tax on Certain Chemical Substances by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- How to Calculate EAD Automatic Extensions by: Forrest G. Read IV
- U.S. Department of Education Proposes Amendments to Title IX... by: Susan D. Friedfel and Monica H. Khetarpal
- Land Use, Zoning, and Ordinance Issues [VIDEO] by: Adam M. Beaudoin and Clint H. Cogburn
- McDermottPlus Check-Up: June 24, 2022 by: Debra Curtis and Madeline Hodge
- Chicago Releases Model Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy, Poster... by: Patrick J. Rocks and James Hager
- EPA Proposes Changes (Again) to CWA Water Quality Certification Rule by: Lisa A. Gilbreath and Matthew D. Manahan
- The Overturning of Roe v. Wade by: David Quinn Gacioch and Stacey L. Callaghan
- ADOR Grants Extension to Make PTE Tax Election for 2021 Tax Year by: Bruce P. Ely and William T. Thistle, II
- Why ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bills are Antithetical to an Equitable and... by: Sean A. Worley
- The Status of the Pending Appeal in Silver v. Treasury Department by: Loren M. Opper and Christie R. Galinski
- Your Equity Plan is a Contract – Follow It, or Else by: Kelsey A. O'Gorman and Joshua A. Agen
- Cattle Industry Urges Health Canada to Reconsider Front-of-Package... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- FTC Takes Action Limiting Overbroad M&A Non-Compete by: Gregory E. Heltzer
- Fifth Circuit Denies Antitrust Remedy to Manufacturer Denied License... by: Jonathan Rubin
- Medical Travel Reimbursement Benefits Under the Supreme Court’s New... by: Timothy J. Stanton and Kristine M. Bingman
- HHS Issues HIPAA Guidance on Remote Communication Technologies for... by: Ryan P. Blaney
- “NO HALF MEASURES”: Did a Needless Gamble in the Briefing Help Doom... by: Eric J. Troutman
- The Hazards of Remote Employee Layoffs: Wage and Hour Issues,... by: Paul E. Cirner
- Seattle Enacts First-of-Its-Kind Ordinance to Provide Minimum Wage... by: Kathryn P. Fletcher and Emma A. Healey
- 5 FAQs with FINRA Defense Attorney Nick Oberheiden by: Dr. Nick Oberheiden
- Illinois Augments One Day Rest in Seven Requirements by: Elizabeth N. Hall and Ryan Probasco
- Mid-Year Regulatory Update 2022: Pharmaceuticals in India by: Tanya Kukade and Darren Punnen
- Silence is Not Golden - Federal Circuit Invalidates Method of... by: Luke T. Shannon and Andrew M. Solomon
- New Era in UK Sanctions Enforcement: Introduction of Strict Liability... by: Jo Rickards and Annabel Thomas
- NLRB General Counsel Issues Memo on Securing Full Remedies in... by: Mark M. Stubley and Zachary V. Zagger
- US, UK Collaborate on Prize Challenges for Privacy-Enhancing... by: A.J. S. Dhaliwal
- The U.S. Supreme Court Says PAGA Representative Action Waivers Are... by: Anthony J Oncidi and Kate Gold
- Avoiding Endless Liability From ‘Take Home’ COVID Claims by: Karen E. Wentzel and Cristen R. Hintze
- 10 Easy and Effective Ways to Take Your LinkedIn Presence to the Next... by: Stefanie M. Marrone
- R.I.P. Roe: The Government Won Today. The People–All of Them–Lost by: Eric J. Troutman
- Supreme Court To Decide on DOJ Authority in FCA Suits by: D. Jacques Smith and Randall A. Brater
- HAPPYNESS: A Court in a TCPA Case Just Gave One of the Cleanest... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Power to Launch: Creation of Federal-State Offshore Wind... by: Jason A. Hill
- ASAP x 10 – TPR Puts The Dash Into Pensions Dashboards by: Lynn Housecroft
- All Things Chemical: Balancing Wildlife Protection and Responsible... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and James V. Aidala
- Litigation Does Not Necessarily Vitiate Director's Absolute... by: Keith Paul Bishop
- FDA Denies Authorization to Market JUUL ENDS Products; Company... by: Azim Chowdhury and LieAnn Van-Tull
- U.S. Supreme Court Overturns Roe and Casey: What This Decision Means... by: Patricia Anderson Pryor and Joy Napier-Joyce
- Mental Illness & Gun Ownership, The Stigma of Mental Health,... by: Adam Bloomberg
- Republican SEC Commissioner Peirce Objects to SEC Regulatory Agenda by: Jacob H. Hupart
- Be Reasonable: The Enforceability of Post-termination Restrictive... by: Rebecca Green
- Key Takeaways From Consensus 2022 Conference [PODCAST] by: Anne M. Termine and Brittney E. Justice
- Eleventh Circuit Limits Reach of OSHA’s ‘HazWoper’ Standard by: Arthur G. Sapper
- The Way to Protect Your Business? What You Need to Know About Trade... by: David H. Siegel
- EUON Looking for Topics to Address in Upcoming Studies by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
Today, we’... Read More >
A good ruling in the Kentucky District Court recently.
Here... Read More >
Emerging Legal News
Russia & Ukraine Legal Updates
THE BUSINESS OF LAW
Federal Law News
The National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Formula Program ($5 billion) was enacted under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL).1 On June 9, 2022, the U.S....
On June 22, 2022, the sixth anniversary of the enactment of the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act (Lautenberg Act), the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works held a hearing on “...
Recently, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a ...
The pending case, Silver v. Internal Revenue Service, will provide insight, when decided, of the view of the Court of Appeals for the District of...
A recent Delaware Chancery court opinion serves as a reminder to companies and their boards that shareholder-approved equity compensation plans are contracts, and failing to...
GPM Investments (GPM) acquired 60 gas stations from Corrigan Oil (Corrigan).
As part of the acquisition...
Securities professionals who find themselves under the watchful eye of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) stand to lose a lot if they are not careful. Making a mistake during a FINRA investigation can expose brokers to...
In a rare panel rehearing, the Federal Circuit invalidated a patent for lack of written description under 35 U.S.C. § 112, and in doing so clarified its standard for evaluating written description of so-called negative...
State Law News
What is the interplay between a community association and land use, zoning, and ordinance issues? Oftentimes, community managers must walk a fine line between resident concerns that can be handled by a management company and...
The Chicago Commission on Human Relations has released an English-language model policy ...
Readers may recall that the Alabama Legislature unanimously enacted an elective pass-through entity tax (PTE Tax) last year as a workaround to the so-called “SALT Cap,” which was part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. The...
On June 13, 2022, Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell signed into law CB 120294, a measure...
Illinois employers must be mindful of amendments to the One Day Rest in Seven Act (the “Act”), which will come into effect on January 1, 2023. The amendments will impact the number of days a non-exempt employee can work in a...
On June 15, 2022, in Viking River Cruises, Inc. v. Moriana, Case No. 20-1573,_ U.S. _ (2022), by an 8-1 majority, the U.S. States Supreme Court...
This space has previously discussed the question of just how absolute a director's "absolute" right of of inspection really is. See ...
On May 29, 2022, the Maryland legislature enacted House Bill 962, which amends Maryland’s...
The New York State legislature recently passed a bill (...
As previously reported, on March 28, 2022, the U.S. Supreme court ...
INTERNATIONAL LAW NEWS
As previously reported on this ...Read More >
The first half of 2022 has witnessed a lot of regulatory activity in the...Read More >
On 15 June 2021, the UK Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI) implemented important changes to its...Read More >
On June 13, US and UK governments ...Read More >
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is not pulling any punches in its latest messaging around pensions dashboards.... Read More >
The European Union (EU) Observatory for Nanomaterials (EUON) ...Read More >