May 20, 2019
- Washington State Governor Signs Legislation Restricting... by: Adam T. Pankratz and Kyle D. Nelson
- Location Matters – Manufacturing Insights from FDA’s Annual Report on... by: Allison Fulton
- Destination Arbitration: Court Holds Service-Of-Suit Clause Does Not... by: Daniel G. Enriquez
- USCIS Completes Data Entry of Fiscal Year 2020 H-1B Cap Subject... by: Dillon R. Colucci
- A GDPR Update for Employers, Part IV: Implementing Lessons Learned... by: Grant D. Petersen and Simon J. McMenemy
- A Primer on Employment Taxes by: Lowell Walters
- Changes to Employee Benefit Plans May Create Unforeseen Disclosure... by: Kathryn W. Wheeler
- USCIS Completes H-1B Visa Cap Selection Process for FY2020 by: Carole L. Rowlinson
- A Unicorn Sighting? Fourth Circuit Affirms Certification of Defendant... by: D. Matthew Allen and Nathaniel G. Foell
- 6 FAQs on Measles in the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know by: Katherine Dudley Helms
- Supreme Court Upholds Crow Tribe’s Treaty-Reserved Off-Reservation... by: Brian L. Pierson
- Amid a Spate of Activity, COPPA Remains an FTC Enforcement Priority by: Bonnie Yeomans and Stephanie J. Kapinos
- Surprise Billing Comparison: What You Need to Know by: Rachel Stauffer and Katie Waldo
- EPA Announces Section 5 Notices to Be Posted without EPA Review –... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Richard E. Engler, Ph.D.
- President Proposes New Merit-Based Green Card System by: Melissa Manna
- Telecom Alert - Trump Declares National Emergency on Foreign... by: C. Douglas Jarrett and Gregory E. Kunkle
- Yan v. ReWalk Robotics, Ltd.: No Substitute for Standing in the... by: Melanie A. Conroy
- Courts’ Approach To Cyber Insurance Continues to Evolve by: Mark A. Collins and Natalie Colvin
- Washington, D.C. Releases Annual Report Forms and Filing Deadlines by: Brian J. Slagle and John L. Culhane, Jr.
- Director Iancu Roundtable with BIOCOM San Diego by: Marc T. Morley and Melissa Brayman
- Tours in Trouble: Rock Stars and Insurance Recovery by: Benjamin W. Massarsky and Kellyn Goler
- OCIE Provides Registered Advisers and Broker-Dealers Guidance on Data... by: Paul Ferrillo
- DIY: IRS Expands the Self-Correction Program to Allow for Correction... by: Leigh C. Riley and Nicholas C. Paul
- ML Strategies Health Care Preview Week Of May 20, 2019 by: Eli Greenspan
- FCC’s Call Blocking Plans Could Create Problems for Collections by: Daniel JT McKenna and John L. Culhane, Jr.
- Suit Over Use of American Heart Association Certification Mark... by: Alexander Kaplan and Carl Mazurek
- Microsoft Vulnerability A Reminder to Update and Patch by: Adam Jacobson
- CFPB Relationship With Dept. of Education Discussed in Kraninger... by: John L. Culhane, Jr.
- California Poised to Remove Prohibition on Hemp-Derived CBD in Foods... by: Nicole A. Aaronson and Neil M. Willner
- A Sign of the Times? Tennessee Expands Anti-Bullying Law To Private... by: Jeremy Mittman
- Former Employee's Release Agreement Bars ERISA Claim Against... by: Richard J. Pearl and J. Christian Nemeth
- Bridging the Week by Gary DeWaal: May 13 –17 and May 20, 2019 (Bump... by: Gary De Waal
- State Law Round-Up: Developments in Wage and Hour (CO, MA, ME, WA),... by: Shennan Harris and Melissa Legault
- The CFPB’s Long Awaited Debt Collection Rule is Certain to Shake Up... by: Thomas H. Wagner
- Policy Options for Dealing with the Crazy Quilt of Paid Sick Leave... by: Caroline A. Hogan
- Supreme Court Recognizes Longer Statute of Limitations for Qui Tam... by: Pablo J. Davis and Julia d'Hemecourt Sherburne
- New Executive Order To Further Restrict Business with Huawei and... by: Jonathan E. Meyer and Townsend L. Bourne
- Federal Circuit Invalidates Patented Cancer Therapy by: Antoinette F. Konski
- The Supreme Court Has Spoken: Victory for Trademark Licensees by: Mark A. Salzberg
- As Cyberattacks Rise, U.S. Business Readiness Falls by: Kristin Ann Shepard
- Arbitration Clause in Beer Distribution Agreement Enforced by the... by: Marc E. Sorini and Daniel P. McGuire
- Context Matter: Court Uses Deposition Testimony to Find Revoking TCPA... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Weekly IRS Roundup May 13 – May 17, 2019 by: Tax Practice Group McDermott Will Emery
- Washington, D.C. Weighs in on Auto-Renewal Programs by: Ed Chansky and Erica Okerberg
- The CFPB’s latest meaningful attorney involvement lawsuit sends some... by: Christopher J. Willis
- Vermont Governor Signs Law Setting Strict PFAS Limits by: Nessa Horewitch Coppinger and Daniel M. Krainin
- Industry Guidance on Food Contact Paper Updated by: Packaging Law at Keller and Heckman
- Dallas, Texas Enacts Paid Sick Leave Law, But Its Future Remains in... by: Allan S Bloom and Laura M. Fant
- Superstorm Sandy Relaxed Rules Did Not Waive Proof of Loss... by: Larry P. Schiffer
- Update on Bofl SOX Whistleblower Litigation by: Lloyd B Chinn and Pinchos (Pinny) Goldberg
- Novartis v. West-Ward – Lead Compound Analysis v. Motivation to... by: Warren Woessner
- FDA Greenlights Use of “Potassium Chloride Salt” as an Alternative... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Understanding Cyber Threats to State and Other Governmental Entities by: Philip J. Bezanson and Edward Fierro
- A Numbers Game: Labor Board Rules on Successor Employer’s Bargaining... by: Philip B. Rosen and Howard M. Bloom
- How Will Brexit Affect the GDPR’s Governance Over the UK? by: Chanley T. Howell and Steven Millendorf
- The Theological Roots Of Advice And Consent by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Highlights from the Financial Ombudsman Service’s 2018/2019 Annual... by: Garon Anthony and Mariyam Harunah
May 18, 2019
- US Adds Huawei and Affiliates to the Department of Commerce Entity... by: International Trade Practice at Squire Patton Boggs
- Slides Available from ACS Webinar on Working Safely with... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- Corizon Health / Corizon LLC to Pay $950,000 to Settle Nationwide... by: U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Inside The Beltway: Housing Infrastructure In The 116th Congress by: Timothy W. Jenkins and Sherry Harper Widicus
Communications, Media, Internet and Privacy Law News
The legal industry and technology are intertwined. Technology presents many legal challenges to companies, lawyers, and legal professionals, due to cybersecurity demands, data breach concerns, and media regulations. The National Law Review features the latest news, litigation, stories, and coverage related to legislation in the industry, and the ever-evolving changes which arise because of how quickly technological changes are occurring today.
Regulations on Communications & Media: Including TCPA, GDPR and FCC
Media and communications news covered by the National Law Review includes FCC (Federal Communications Commission) enforcement actions, cybercrime and terrorism stories, TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act) violations, email communications, social media platforms and how to properly navigate them in a professional setting, telecommunications laws, and compliance issues and concerns. Staffing changes at the FCC, litigation and regulation changes, including the state of net neutrality, are covered by the legal experts who write for the National Law Review.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation
Legislation like the Telephone Consumer Protection and international regulations such as the EU’s GDPR, companies must take the time to update their privacy standards, and must understand the complexities of this area of law, in order to avoid legal repercussions when engaging with customers in the US and around the world. The National Law Review has legal experts who analyze litigation related to the TCPA as it impacts healthcare, debt collection, and other areas. Additionally, many facets of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation; including notes on applicability, GDPR company compliance and definitions of GDPR terminology are analyzed by the legal experts at NLR.
Legal Communication Concerns across Industries
Because the internet and technology changes on what seems to be a daily basis, it can be difficult for companies to properly navigate these changes, concepts, and ensure they are complying with legislation in these areas. Some of the concepts businesses must be aware of in terms of cybersecurity and media that the National Law Review covers include domain name registrations, gTLDs (generic top-level domain names), international legislation in data and cybersecurity, HIPAA legislation, and data protection and cybersecurity laws. Additionally, with telemedicine taking a forefront in the field of healthcare, ransomware and data theft occurring daily, and continual security breaches occurring in the US and around the world, like the WannaCry Ransomware incident, companies must take proper measures in safeguarding their networks and servers to protect their clients’ personal information.
We report on these issues, concerns, and news stories regularly. In addition to regulations and legislation in the US, visitors can also read about international provisions and safeguards, including EU Safe Harbor and Privacy Shield, Canadian Anti-Spam laws, and other international protections, to avoid major data and cybersecurity breaches.