Regulating Nonprofit Health Care: Insights from State Attorneys General A Governing Health Podcast Series
The state attorney general has a vital interest in the transformation of the nonprofit health care sector. This interest poses unique challenges for a nonprofit’s directors, executives and general counsel as they guide their organizations through transformation. To help our audience better understand what’s ahead, we’ve brought together four senior state charities officials at the center of this activity. Throughout this series you'll discover:
• What the key stakeholder roles and responsibilities are including: NASCO's function, AGs' jurisdiction, and how nonprofit directors are viewed as the "first line of defense"
• Which types of data commonly flag a potential investigation
• The consequences of "Mission Drift”
• Pertinent questions when considering M&A transactions
• What collaboration between State and Federal regulators looks like
• Parent and Subsidiary Board fiduciary duties
• Guidance for operating across state lines
And much more!