9TH McDermott International Japan Seminar Session 1: Trade Policy Perspective Under the Biden Administration [WEBINAR]
Our 9th McDermott International Japan Seminar will be held as a virtual series, with eight sessions taking place between January 21 – February 4, 2021. Though we cannot see you in person, we didn't want to miss the opportunity to connect with you on the latest legal topics affecting Japanese companies.
The virtual event series will explore US trade policy, global mergers and acquisitions, the US healthcare market, intellectual property, international data privacy / cybersecurity, white collar enforcement and cross border compliance related topics, with a significant focus on what Japanese companies can expect from the Biden Administration.
Our McDermott panelists not only include our seasoned lawyers on Japanese business issues, but also Dean Pinkert, a former commissioner of the US International Trade Commission, nominated by President George W. Bush and confirmed by the US Senate in 2007, and Caitlyn Campbell, a former US Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) Enforcement Attorney, and several other former government officials and prosecutors.
Join us for what promises to be an engaging series as we dig into the issues at hand and highlight what to consider next for your business.
In this episode:
US import restrictions relief and other trade measures
Sunset review and government review of anti-dumping measures
- According to the International Trade Commission (ITC)
- Measures under Section 337 of the US Customs Law
- Measures under Section 301 of the US Trade Act by the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR)
Trade agreements with Japan and other Asian countries
- What is the outlook for the US re-agreement?
- How do recent Chinese trends fit into US trade policy?
Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), Trade Control and National Security Measures
- CFIUS's new review status for foreign investment in the United States
- Impact of US sanctions and export controls on Japanese companies
- National Security Tariff Measures Under Section 232 of the US Trade Expansion Act
US Import Relief and Other Trade Actions
- Sunset Reviews and Administrative Reviews in Antidumping Cases
- Section 337 Actions at the ITC
- Section 301 Actions at USTR
US Trade Agreements with Japan and Rest of Asia
- Prospects for US Reengagement?
- How do recent moves by China fit in with US trade agenda?
CFIUS, Trade Controls and National Security Trade Actions
- The new CFIUS environment for reviewing foreign investment in the United States
- How US sanctions and export controls can impact Japanese companies
- Section 232 national security tariff actions