Hot Topics In Immigration Law
Credible reports indicate that the Trump administration is readying another presidential proclamation that would impact H-1Bs, L-1s, OPTs, and other visa categories – some reports suggest that the proclamation could go into effect in June. Additionally, in the past two weeks, the administration has issued new orders limiting the ability of certain Chinese F-1 and J-1 status holders to enter the United States and blocking the entry of any individual who has been in Brazil in the last 14 days under Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
During our immigration webinar, panelists will focus on:
- What we know and don’t know about the anticipated nonimmigrant visa proclamation
- The scope of the order affecting Chinese nationals
- The current status of 212(f) restrictions blocking visitors from the Schengen Area, China, and Brazil and available exceptions to these restrictions
- The status of U.S. Consular services and timelines for consulates to reopen
- Current operations at USCIS and the Department of Labor
1.0 hour CLE credit pending. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.