Impacts of the SEC’s Updates to the Advertising and Cash Solicitation Rules [WEBINAR]
Please join Vedder Price attorneys Joseph M. Mannon and Robert M. Crea, as well as co-panelist Julie Dixon, Founder and CEO of Titan Regulation, for a webinar panel discussion about the new Marketing Rule recently adopted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
The new Marketing Rule represents a significant change to how investment advisers can market themselves and their products, including how advisers to private funds such as private equity, venture capital and hedge funds can present their performance information.
During this webinar participants will gain knowledge regarding:
- What qualifies as an “advertisement” under the new Marketing Rule
- Compliance requirements for using testimonials and endorsements in an advertisement
- How advisers may use third-party ratings in an advertisement
- The new Marketing Rule’s provisions regarding the use of performance advertising
- General prohibitions under the new Marketing Rule