May 26, 2020
- Intellectual Property Issue-Spotting: Common Themes in Recent Ad... by: Jennifer L. Dean
- Update: Recent International Activity on IP in Response to COVID-19 by: Greg Chopskie
- COVID-19: (Australia) Update to South Australian Act and Regulations... by: Samuel Brown and Will Grinter
- Another TCPA Set Up?: Court Rejects TCPA Claim Where Plaintiff’s... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Don't Sleep On Your Lost, Destroyed Or Stolen Stock Certificate... by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Transatlantic Trade: US and European Trade Talk Update – May 22, 2020 by: Stacy A. Swanson and Christina Economides
- Governing Law of Arbitration Agreements: Welcome Clarity? by: Tim Fox and Peter R. Morton
May 25, 2020
- Human Rights Abuses in the Enforcement of Coronavirus Security... by: Kelly Shea Delvac
- White House Expands COVID-19 Travel Ban to Cover Brazil (US) by: Samuel J. Mudrick
- Covid-19 Prevention at the Workplace: Is Temperature Measuring... by: Filip Vlček and Jaroslav Tajbr
- Leases (Commercial and Retail) COVID-19 Emergency Response... by: Samuel Brown and Tracey Jordan
- Returning to Work in a Pandemic: What Employers Need to Know by: Angela P. Doughty
- CFPB Reaches $18 Million Settlement with Mortgage Lender for Alleged... by: Nicole Su
May 24, 2020
- Guide to Federal Reserve Main Street Loan Facilities and Primary... by: Christopher D. Olive and Nicolai J. Sarad
- Minnesota Governor Slows the Planned Reopening of Bars, Restaurants,... by: Patrick R. Martin
- SBA Releases New Rules on PPP Loan Forgiveness and Loan Reviews by: Philip G. Feigen and Sara C. Ainsworth
- DOL Finally Relaxes Its Electronic Delivery Rule—But Only for... by: Jessica E. Kuester and Catherine R. Reese
- China Issues Ruling in First 5G Criminal Intellectual Property Law... by: Aaron Wininger
- NLRB General Counsel Issues Memo on Notice-Posting Requirement by: Thomas M. Stanek and Justin B. Caresia
May 23, 2020
- COVID-19: US Developments, Implementation and Oversight of CARES Act... by: Brandon C. Roman and Beth L. Goldstein
- Court of Chancery Decides Motions to Dismiss, Motion for Summary... by: David L. Forney and Rachel Cheasty Sanders
- CDC Issues Guidelines for Reopening by: Naomi G. Beer and James N. Boudreau
- New Policy on Reliability of the National Electrical System (NES) in... by: Daniel Aranda and Jeffery R. Atkin
- OSHA, Industrial Commission of Arizona Issue Guidance on Recording... by: Tibor Nagy Jr.
- UPDATED: New York State Stays Evictions and Foreclosures Due to the... by: Therese M. Doherty and Alexandra G. Calistri
- Effectively and Efficiently Managing Remote Depositions Requires... by: Vid R. Bhakar and Steven M. Auvil
- UK Guidance on Returning to the Workplace: Managing Health and Safety... by: Daniella McGuigan
- Louisiana Department of Revenue Grants Sales Tax Relief Related to... by: William (Bill) Backstrom
- Rolls-Royce Seeks to Resolve Circuit Split on Whether District Courts... by: Neil A.F. Popović and Jacqueline M. Simonovich
- Landlord Primer Regarding Practical Recommendations for Reopening... by: Anton N. Natsis and Eric J. Shelby
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.