September 23, 2019
- EEOC Provides Guidance on Reporting Non-Binary Gender Employees by: Archana R. Manwani
- Washington State Announces Interest in Restricting Chemicals in... by: Ryan J. Carra and Nessa Horewitch Coppinger
- Changing Course: "Contract coverage" is the New Standard... by: Jon E. Anderson
- Attacking An Inexplicable Arbitration Award: “Manifest Disregard of... by: Gilbert A. Samberg
- It’s Not Just California Anymore: State and Local Laws Challenge the... by: Rachel Powitzky Steely
- Maryland Adds Insurance Commissioner to Breach Notification... by: Liisa M. Thomas and Kari M. Rollins
- DOJ Remains “Laser-Focused” on Criminal Telemedicine Enforcement by: Brian F. McEvoy and Brian Rafferty
- Weekly IRS Roundup September 16 - 20, 2019 by: Tax Practice Group McDermott Will Emery
- Telecom Alert — FCC Approves SAS Administrators for 3.5 GHz Band;... by: C. Douglas Jarrett and Gregory E. Kunkle
- National Flood Insurance Program Set to Expire by: Adam Jacobson
- New York Times v. Sullivan Supreme Court Decision and its Impact on... by: Eilene Spear
- Statewide Residential Rent Control Passed In California by: Talya Gulezyan and James A. Lonergan
- Like EEO-1 Component 2, California Pay Data Reporting Stalls by: Susan E. Groff and Christopher T. Patrick
- ITC suggests 5% Threshold for Domestic Industry Assessment; Order May... by: Michael T. Renaud and Aarti Shah
- RLUIPA Does Not Apply to Uninsured Amish Roofer Repairing Homeowner’s... by: Evan J. Seeman
- Expanded CFIUS Review over Non-Controlling Foreign Investments in US... by: David J. Levine and Raymond Paretzky
- Annual DDE Recertification Due 9/30 (And Other DDE Pitfalls) by: Brian M. Daucher
- 3 Lessons For Advisers From 401(K) And 403(B) Class Action Settlements by: Fred Reish
- Sciabacucchi and Gender Quotas Engender Dubiety Over Internal Affairs by: Keith Paul Bishop
- TCPA Nitty Gritty: Plaintiff’s Use of A Fake British Accent Did Not... by: Eric J. Troutman
- COBRA Notice Litigation Resulting in Big Dollar Claims by: Suzanne G. Odom
- Lessons in Suitability of Advice From the FCA by: Garon Anthony
- 3.5 GHz CBRS Band Becomes Reality by: Gregory E. Kunkle
- Final Exam? NLRB to AGAIN Address Whether Grad Students are Employees by: David J. Pryzbylski
- Third Circuit Rejects Medication-Induced Suicide Exception to... by: Larry P. Schiffer
- FTC Attorney on Endorsement Guide Compliance by: Richard B. Newman
- FDA Announces Cooperative Agreement to Implement Produce Safety Rule by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- House Vote on Cannabis Industry-Related SAFE Banking Act Scheduled... by: Jennifer K. Mason and Michael G. Dailey
September 21, 2019
- EEOC Sues DoodyCalls For Pregnancy and Disability Discrimination by: U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- QCA’s Updated Guidance for Audit Committees by: Louise Parker
- Proposed Regulations on Built-in Gains and Losses under Section 382(h) by: Richard M Corn and Alan Parnes
- New York Senate Bill To Require Student Athletes To Share In... by: Gregg E. Clifton
September 20, 2019
- Employee Privacy by Design: Guidance for Employers Beginning to... by: Justine M. Phillips and Jessica R. Gross
- CBD Food And Drink Products In The EU: The Newest Hot Commodity Or A... by: Katia Merten-Lentz
- Maintenance of Certification: To MOC or Not to MOC? by: Ann C. McCullough and Ima E. Nsien
- FDIC Proposes Amendments to Prudential Regulator Swap Margin Rules by: Guy C. Dempsey, Jr.
- Petition for En Banc Review Filed in the Eleventh Circuit Following... by: Susan Nikdel
- NLRB Proposes Rule to Settle Once and For All: Student Teaching and... by: Paul Salvatore and Steven J. Porzio
- CFIUS Proposes Rules to Implement FIRRMA by: Reid Whitten and Brian D. Weimer
- Government Forced to Release H-1B Delaying and Denying Tactics by: Amy L. Peck and Maggie Murphy
- Echoes of Roseanne Roseannadanna: It’s always something—Federal Judge... by: Kristin Lamb
- SEC Issues Security-Based Swap Recordkeeping and Reporting Rules by: Guy C. Dempsey, Jr.
- Energy & Sustainability Washington Updates – September 2019 by: R. Neal Martin
- On Notice: How to Avoid Improper Notices of Appeal by: Chris S. Edwards
- EPA Includes Unique Identifier Information on Updated TSCA Inventory by: TCSA Blog at Bergeson Campbell
- Sixth Circuit’s Plain-Meaning Approach to Foreign Arbitration... by: Benjamin Beaton
- CFTC Market Risk Advisory Committee Approves Plain English IBOR Risk... by: Guy C. Dempsey, Jr. and Kevin M. Foley
- Post-BMS, Courts Grapple with the Nexus Between Stream of Commerce... by: Alan J. Lazarus and Kate M. Wittlake
- Beltway Buzz, September 20, 2019 by: James J. Plunkett
- Compounding Pharmacy and Private Equity Firm Owner Agree to $21... by: Karen S. Lovitch and Xavier G. Hardy
- CFTC Extends Public Comment Period for Proposed Rules Pertaining to... by: Kevin M. Foley and Stanley V. Polit
- FDA’s New Safety and Performance Based Pathway for Medical Devices... by: Allison Fulton
- DOJ and CFTC Bring Actions Against Precious Metals Traders by: Victoria L. Andrews and Mary P. Hansen
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.