August 09, 2020
- TikTok and WeChat Targeted by Latest Trump Administration Executive... by: International Trade Practice at Squire Patton Boggs
- What Makes Your Expert Witness the Best Witness? Social Science... by: Clint Townson, Ph.D.
- COVID-19: US State Policy Report – August 7, 2020 by: Jeffrey L. Turner and Traci L. Martinez
August 08, 2020
- 5 Questions with Stuart Gilson: Creating Firm Value by: Yesim C. Richardson and Chanel F. O'Neill
- National Security Meets Teenage Dance Battles: Trump Issues Executive... by: Fatema K. Merchant and Brian D. Weimer
- Don’t Forget to Check, and Re-Check, the California Reopening... by: Charles O. Thompson and Vanessa C. Krumbein
August 07, 2020
- COVID-19: Massachusetts Pauses Reopening, Rolls Back Allowable... by: Kathleen M. Hamann and Sarah R. Remes
- IMS Insights Podcast: Episode 20- A Statistical Economics Expert... by: Litigation Services IMS Experts
- Beltway Buzz, August 7, 2020 by: James J. Plunkett
- EEOC Issues Guidance on Opioid Use by Employees by: Caroline Dickey
- Transatlantic Trade: US and European Trade Talk Update – August 7,... by: Stacy A. Swanson and Christina Economides
- 340B Update: Appeals Court Upholds 340B Payment Reduction Under the... by: Richard P. Church and Andrew D. Ruskin
- DOJ Secures Admission of Guilt, Agrees to Deferred Prosecution... by: Competition Policy and Advocacy
- Puerto Rico Becomes First Jurisdiction to Adopt Law Against Workplace... by: Juan Felipe Santos and Sara E. Colón-Acevedo
- The ‘Restoring Balance in Alberta’s Workplaces Act’: Bill 32 Proposes... by: Stephen Shore
- DOE Announces $64 Million In Funding For H2@Scale Projects by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Ligia Duarte Botelho
- Sen. Grassley and Rep. Speier advocate for Whistleblower Rights on... by: Siri Nelson
- The Wait is Over: New York Department of Financial Services Files... by: Doron S. Goldstein and Susan Light
- SEC Publishes Semi-Annual Regulatory Agenda for Spring 2020 by: John S. Marten and Nathaniel Segal
- New York Federal Court Says DOL ‘Jumped the Rail’ When It Issued... by: Employment Law at Ogletree Deakins
- Travelers from New York Allowed into Trusted Traveler Programs Again by: Nadine T. Trinh
- Agencies Adopt Volcker Rule Amendments Relating to Covered Funds by: John S. Marten and Nathaniel Segal
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Process Set to Begin... by: Thomas E. Walker, Jr.
- SEC Adopts Expedited Review Process for Exemptive Applications Under... by: John S. Marten and Nathaniel Segal
- Redundancies During the Global COVID-19 Pandemic [Podcast] by: Andre Appel and Carson G. Burnham
- California, Illinois and New York File Suit Against OCC’s “Valid When... by: Christina Grigorian
- McDermottPlus Check-Up: August 7, 2020 by: Mara McDermott and Rachel Stauffer
- India Releases Draft Non-Personal Data Governance Framework by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- What Will Come First: Pending CCPA Amendment Could Clarify Key... by: Julia K. Kadish and Liisa M. Thomas
- U.S. Senate Passes The Sustainable Chemistry Research And Development... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Ligia Duarte Botelho
- GT Newsletter | Competition Currents | August 2020 by: Andrew G. Berg and Gregory J. Casas
- EFSA Draft Guidance on Small Particles including Nanoparticles in... by: Packaging Law at Keller and Heckman
- CFTC Warns Customers About Precious Metal Schemes by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- New Executive Order Requires Federal Agencies to Ensure That... by: Dana B. Pashkoff and Jessica C. Abrahams
- OCIE Issues Ransomware Risk Alert by: John S. Marten and Nathaniel Segal
- Updated: CEQ Issues Final Rule to Modernize NEPA Regulations by: Rachael L. Lipinski and Jonathan D. Simon
- COVID-19: US State Policy Report – August 6, 2020 by: Jeffrey L. Turner and Jill S. Kirila
- Industry to Voluntarily Phase-Out Certain PFAS Used in Food Packaging by: Packaging Law at Keller and Heckman
- U.S. Senators Vote Against Deputy Secretary Of Energy Nominee by: Lynn L. Bergeson
- COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter: Vaccine Update, New Tests and Tracing... by: Sarah-Lloyd Stevenson and James M. Vergis, Ph.D.
- ESMA Publishes Data for Systematic Internaliser Calculations for... by: Carolyn H. Jackson and Nathaniel W. Lalone
- Biobased & Renewables Federal News Update - August 7 2020 by: Lynn L. Bergeson
- OFCCP’s Veterans’ Focused Reviews are Here, Along With Resources for... by: Christopher J. Near
- DOE SBIR/STTR FOA Topics Announced; Biomanufacturing R&D Projects... by: Lynn L. Bergeson
- COVID-19: FCA Statement on Handling Complaints by: Carolyn H. Jackson and Nathaniel W. Lalone
- U.S. House of Representatives Extends Antitrust Penalty Leniency... by: Competition Policy and Advocacy
- Seventh Circuit Rejects “Blackmail”: Settlement Objectors Who Were... by: Eric J. Troutman
- DOE Funding for Small Business & Bio-energy R&D by: Lynn L. Bergeson
- D.C. Decision Finding No “Direct Physical Loss” for COVID-19 Closures... by: Michael S. Levine
- No Damages? No Tort, Says the Supreme Court of Canada by: Adrienne Franco Busby and Lexi C. Fuson
- Privacy Tip #247 – TikTok in Multiple Cross Hairs by: Linn F. Freedman
- Justice Department Files Suit to Enjoin Acquisition of Minority Share... by: Joseph M. Miller and Bruce D. Sokler
- FDA Issues Guidance on Action Level for Inorganic Arsenic in Infant... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Diversity & Inclusion in Investment Management: SEC Explores... by: David L. Williams and Bomi Lee
- Enforcement of International Arbitration Agreements: SCOTUS Rules... by: Gilbert A. Samberg
- Outbreak of COVID-19 Public Nuisance Cases Continues by: Peter J. Wozniak and Mark Wallin
- Apple, Inc. Probed by European Commission for Possible Antitrust... by: Competition Policy and Advocacy
- Maze Continues to Strike Companies by: Linn F. Freedman
- Safe Harbors and Erroneous Blocking Redress Measures Adopted by the... by: Laura H. Phillips and Qiusi Y. Newcom
- CMS Proposes Additional Cuts to Part B Reimbursement of 340B Drugs by: Ellyn L. Sternfield and Daryl M. Berke
- Capital One Settles with Bank Regulator for $80M for Data Breach by: Linn F. Freedman
- New Jersey to Allow Professional and Occupational Licensing... by: Raymond G. Lahoud
- Call of [Fiduciary] Duty: How Good Faith, Due Care, and Loyalty Guide... by: Allen N. Trask, III and Amy H. Wooten
- Outré Shareholder Proposal Seeks Elimination Of Cumulative Voting... by: Keith Paul Bishop
- CDC Issues COVID-19 Communication Plan for Critical Infrastructure... by: Michael Oliver Eckard
- EPA Issues SSURO against EcoShield LLC for Selling an Unregistered... by: Lisa M. Campbell and Lisa R. Burchi
- A Game of Venue Ping Pong Ended by the 7th Circuit Based on a Forum-... by: Cepideh Roufougar and Cecilie E. Read
- Food Hygiene Regulation to be updated before the end of the year by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- COVID-19 Orders Upon Orders—What Does It All Mean for St. Louis... by: Sean J. Oliveira and Burton D. Garland, Jr.
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.