Top 10 2018 TCPA News Stories Video Countdown
Legal developments surrounding the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) happened at a breakneck pace last year. With that in mind, the firm’s TCPA Defense Force has reflected on the past year and compiled a helpful video countdown spotlighting the ten most important TCPA developments that could impact your business. The trends and developments discussed in the video are important reminders for in-house counsel and compliance officers at any company that makes autodialed calls or sends marketing text messages.
Spoilers ahead – so look away if you don’t want to know the topics addressed in this video!
This year’s top 10 countdown, includes the following significant developments from 2018:
- Record-Breaking Fines (John Nelson)
- Eighth Circuit Holds TCPA Plaintiff Lacks Standing (Erin Kubota)
- Stopping Bad Robocalls Act and The Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act (Ernesto Mendieta)
- Multiple courts uphold text “STOP” to opt out (Tania Seanpanah)
- Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation (Shane Micheil)
- Reassigned numbers database (Susan Nikdel)
- Text messages classified as “Information Service” (Puja Amin)
- Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Cases Involving Agency Deference (Josh Anderson)
- ATDS Interpretation Debate (Nadia Adams)
- D.C. Circuit Court Decision (Nicole Su)
TCPA Defense Force Chair David Carter and partner Artin Betpera also contributed to the Top 10 2018 TCPA News Stories Video Countdown.