Focus on Health Insurance and Coverage [PODCAST]
COVID-19 has catalyzed significant changes in the patterns of healthcare delivery, with the potential for long lasting effects on payors as a result. On this episode of the After the Curve podcast, we discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic may shift the healthcare coverage and payment landscape as well as how it may boost integration among payors and providers. McDermott’s Chief Marketing Officer Leslie Tullio is joined by Kate McDonald and Ankur Goel to discuss relevant topics for both payers and the healthcare industry more broadly, including:
- How COVID-19 is changing healthcare utilization patterns in the US and the impact of that disruption on insurers
- The reaction from health plans to the financial impact of COVID-19 on providers
- The impact of telehealth and regulatory waivers at the state and federal levels on the payor market
- Top lessons that payors have learned from the pandemic and subsequent next steps
- Opportunities for healthcare leaders to synthesize where we are today
- Key takeaways for payors moving forward from the pandemic.