SERGEI LEMBERG ON UNPRECEDENTED NOW AVAILABLE!: Click Here for The HUGE TCPA Podcast Interview with Duguid Lead Counsel on ATDS Appeal [Podcast]
Well folks, here it is — the BIG [VIDEO] podcast episode you’ve been waiting for. The 18th Edition of Squire Patton Boggs’ incredibly popular Unprecedented podcast is AVAILABLE BELOW and boy does it deliver.
Sergei Lemberg–lead counsel for Plaintiff Duguid in the huge Facebook TCPA ATDS challenge to the U.S. Supreme Court--joins us to discuss the case, his strategy, and why he should win.
In the broad-ranging interview I take him through the strengths and weaknesses of his position, his predictions for the outcome and his brilliant idea (ploy?) to bring Bryan Garner– co-author with Justice Scalia of the critical and highly-influential “Reading Law” book that Facebook cited repeatedly in its opening brief– into the fold as a co-author of Mr. Duguid’s brief.
There are a number of can’t miss moments in the interview including:
- Discussions on how the impact of the SCOTUS ruling might impact Garner’s legacy;
- What Sergei’s critical strategy is for overcoming the forceful arguments of Facebook and the U.S. Government;
- How it feels for him to have the weight of the entire TCPAWorld resting on his shoulders from the consumer bar’s perspective;
- Whether, and how, he thinks Justice Barrett--who formally ruled on the TCPA’s ATDS definition in Gadelhak — might be persuaded to change her mind now that she is on the high court; and
- Whether he might simply abandon the appeal if the oral argument goes poorly for him. (You can’t miss this response–his face tells volumes.)
Before we get there, however, you’ll be treated to a great (and long overdue) breakdown of some of the biggest stories in TCPAWorld from the biggest talent in TCPAWorld.