Early in his legal career, Fred Tannenbaum found himself in the center of successful deal negotiations that would transform our country’s entire telecommunications industry. His firsthand experience of getting things done for clients, even in new and uncharted territory, helped ignite his passion to support and guide corporate clients in their critical business transactions and strategies.
In the ensuing 25 years, Fred has advised clients across myriad industries in more than 500 mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and strategic alliances, and in over 250 venture capital transactions. He also serves as de facto general counsel and strategic advisor to close to 100 small and mid-sized businesses.
Fred guides boundary-pushing business transactions for middle market companies, private equity and venture capital funds, early stage emerging enterprises and privately held family businesses across the United States and throughout the world. He works at the rapid pace required today in these areas:
- Forming businesses
- Raising capital, both private equity and debt/financing
- Growing through acquisitions, mergers, strategic alliances, joint ventures and licensing
- Operating with buy-sell, employment, distribution and myriad other agreements
- Attracting management talent through various incentive plans and executive compensation programs
- Transferring operations through sales, redemptions, new management, partnerships, inter-generational transfers and other mechanisms
Transactions for Manufacturing, Distribution, Technology and Telecom Companies
Fred embodies the entrepreneurial spirit of the modern Renaissance man whose counsel adds value to clients at all stages of development. Recent highlights of his well-rounded, diverse and flexible practice include:
- Advising a wireless telecom company in northern Wisconsin on all aspects of a close to $200-million deal involving the sale and leaseback of its towers
- Counseling a tech company in Austin, Texas, that develops robotic software
- Leading a centi-million-dollar sale of an outdoor advertising company’s operations in California, Nevada and Illinois
- Strategizing the explosive growth of a food distribution company from a local to national behemoth
- Representing multiple early stage technology companies in deals ranging up to $8 million
Fred’s big-picture strategy has helped clients thrive in and redefine more than 60 industries worldwide, including sectors such as manufacturing, distribution, food and beverage, media and entertainment, telecom, software and technology.