Expanding Your Fintech Payments Business to the U.S. [VIDEO]
With Australia joining the boom in new and innovative Fintechs around the world, our challenger banks, payments businesses and Fintechs have gained global recognition.
While entering into the lucrative U.S market is enticing, it can also be a daunting concept for those without insider knowledge.
K&L Gates’ New York Fintech partner Judie Rinearson, was able to provide us with the information necessary for making the transition, successfully.
Judie’s presentation covered the following topics:
- How to establish a U.S. banking relationship
- Licensing – what do you need?
- How to partner with banks or other licensed entities to offer services
- How credit, debit and prepaid payment products are regulated
- How ACH direct debit payments work
- Using Visa/Mastercard rails in the U.S.
- How U.S. anti-money laundering laws will impact your business
- How to navigate the complex web of both federal and state consumer protection laws
- How U.S. privacy and data security laws compare
- How P2P payments, e-Wallets and cryptocurrencies are regulated
- Staying on the right side of the regulators.
The video is available for download here.
The presentation slides are available for download here.
CPD points: This session will count for one hour / point towards Substantive Law training requirements.