FINRA Releases Report from Board of Governors Meeting
On March 14, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) published a report from the Board of Governors meeting held on March 7–8. The Board approved FINRA’s corporate goals for 2018, which included the following categories:
- Enhancing Investor Protection Through Coordinated, Risk-Based Oversight of Member Firms and Registered Representatives
- Enhancing Market Integrity Through Effective Surveillance Programs
- Remediating and Preventing Misconduct Through Timely, Predictable Enforcement
- Enhancing Transparency for Investors and Other Market Participants
- Providing Fair and Efficient Dispute Resolution Forums
- Promoting Operational Excellence and Effective Relationships With FINRA Stakeholders
- Fostering an Attractive, Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
In addition, FINRA approved two rule proposals for publication and comment. First, FINRA will publish a Regulatory Notice seeking comment on the membership application rules following a retrospective review of those rules. Second, FINRA will file with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) amendments that would provide uniform payments to arbitrators for deciding contested requests to issue subpoenas and orders.
More details are available here.