Ivan focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and corporate transactions. He has particular experience with advising buyers, sellers, and investors in US and cross-border public and private business combinations, acquisitions, tender offers, and corporate control matters. His practice also encompasses joint venture and licensing transactions and recapitalizations. Ivan represents public and private companies in a variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, retailers, food & beverage, financial services, fintech, and health care.
Prior to joining Mintz, Ivan was a partner in the New York office of an international law firm, where he handled complex business deals for multinational corporations and domestic companies. He has also served as a partner and an associate at several other global law firms.
Ivan is a frequent speaker on topics related to M&A transactions and proxy contest strategies.
Public Target M&A Transactions:
- JMP (special committee of the board of directors) in its merger with Citizens Bank
- Takeover bid and control-slate proxy contest for Columbia Property Trust
- Bid to break up announced public merger in software sector in December 2020
- Essar Global Fund Limited’s hostile/unsolicited tender offer for the unaffiliated public securities of Essar Energy PLC
- Banco Santander, S.A. (special committee) in connection with a going private transaction of its public Brazilian subsidiary
- John Hancock Financial Services, Inc. in its merger with Manulife Financial Corporation
- Bankrate, Inc. management in connection with Apax Partners’ going private tender offer for Bankrate
- RBC Capital Markets, LLC, as dealer manager to Corporate Office Properties L.P. in its issuer tender offer for all of its outstanding 4.25 percent exchangeable senior notes
- Centrica plc, as acquirer, in tender offer for and asset purchase in bankruptcy of, The NewPower Company
- Chambers Street Properties in connection with its $5.7 billion registered stock-for-stock merger of equals with Gramercy Property Trust
- Bank of America in connection with its acquisition of Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
- Hines Real Estate Investment Trust Inc. in its sale of $1.2 billion of publicly held REIT assets to The Blackstone Group
- Chambers Street Properties in connection with the listing of the company’s common shares on the New York Stock Exchange and concurrent issuer tender offer
- Special Committee of Corporate Property Associates 12 Incorporated a real estate investment trust, in connection with its asset sale to and merger with, Corporate Property Associates 14 Incorporated, an affiliated REIT, and WP Carey & Co. LLC
- Barclays Capital as financial advisor to a NYSE listed company in connection with the company's takeover defense and the adoption of a shareholder rights plan